Age of Empires : Definitive Edition - Multiplayer Desync Problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ButeA, Feb 4, 2022.

1. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

there is a ucrtbase.dll file that if you put it in the system32 folder, should solve the problem. That's what I do to get it to work in wine (crossover). However, I cannot figure out how to allow system32 to allow me to put it in (fixed privileges, but the file is always in use so can't get it in). If someone can help with that, we can try this and it should work. If I get it to work, I can give a link to the location of the file to download and write a description of what I did

Bilman and DiegoJ3 like this.
  2. DiegoJ3

DiegoJ3 Bit poster

Thank you for your help. Now I have another question: how did you find that file? Or, how can I get it?

Bilman likes this.
  3. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

I have it on my desktop. Used it for wine and it worked. There's a link for it on the applegamingwiki page for aoe2DE. I can post the link. Do you know how to make windows32 folder accept the file?

HeikoB3 and Bilman like this.
  4. Bilman

Bilman Bit poster

5. Bilman

Bilman Bit poster

I spent the night trying different ways to edit the system 32 folder. I finally ended up just using crossover, works without problems.

DiegoJ3 and HeikoB3 like this.
  6. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

Yeah but some things like CaptureAge work better in parallels. I wish I knew how to put that file in system32

7. JackeyN

JackeyN Bit poster

I am using Windows 11. I restarted the Windows into safe mode using Advanced Startup (you may look this up in settings). In the start-up menu right after the Windows has been restarted, you can look for Command Prompt under the Advanced Options menu. Using the command prompt, you can copy the downloaded dll file to system32 folder. (Remember to back up the original dll file before copying)

I tried to download the dll from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/...ft-visual-c-2015-redistributable-update-3-rc/ and replace the existing one under System32. However, the Windows could not be booted up. I had to use the same trick to reverse the change with the backup dll to save the Windows. I am in doubt if this trick will work for Windows 11.

8. HakanS3

HakanS3 Bit poster

The lack of interest from the parallels team is very disturbing. I have the same problem on my trial account and considering a buy if this issue was better addressed by the officials.

by by

HeikoB3 and emanuelp2 like this.
  9. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

very frustrating, no solution

10. Mariano4

Mariano4 Bit poster

Hello, could someone solve it? I have the same problem

11. ChristophB12

ChristophB12 Bit poster

Same here :( Doesn't work.

12. IanC17

IanC17 Bit poster

Same here, MacBook Air M2 16gb. AOE 2 Definitive, Hosting a multi player game appears to work for about 10 mins, but then all the other players disconnect. Did try replacing the ucrtbase.dl as above, but this crashes the whole windows, then requires a windows reinstall. Tried joining other people's hosted games, same disconnect issues. Single player 100% fine. Hopefully someone will figure this one out.

13. MiguelA26

MiguelA26 Bit poster

Same problem here with a Apple M3 Max 64GB Ram. That's a shame

14. ThorstenB7

ThorstenB7

I experience the same problem with Parallels 18, Windows 11 and the AOEII Definitive Edition.

15. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

It's sad that Parallels doesn't address this by adapting the solution that exists for Windows via Wine. Everyone on this thread needs to contact support and push the point.

16. ShivaP2

ShivaP2 Bit poster

Well from the DLL file debacle it is clear that this problem is due to AOE2 requiring a DLL file for multiplayer that is different to what it expects on Windows ARM (which is the version that has to be installed to work on M1/M2 chips). So in fact Parallels can do nothing about it. Microsoft has to patch Age of Empires 2 to run properly on Windows ARM.

17. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

But there is a patched ucrt.base file that makes it work on m1 Mac

18. emanuelp2

emanuelp2 Junior Member

Err makes it work on m1 with Wine.

19. Alex141

Alex141

Any updates on this topic? having the same problems..

20. MitcheleE

MitcheleE

Earlier this week I bought a $3k Macbook Pro M2 Max. I already had a copy of Parallels but had to pay for the upgrade to be compatible. When I had everything set up, I sat down with my sons and loaded up AOE2 DE. and kept getting the out-of-sync error. I then spent the last 5 days troubleshooting my internet setup from ethernet and wifi settings to resetting my router to setting up a UPS unit because I thought there might be something wrong with the electricity. It was extremely complicated and time-consuming. Then I stumbled across this thread. It is absolutely infuriating that Parallels is ignoring this. It works perfectly between my son's Windows 10 PC and my other son's intel mac running Parallels but when my M2 Max mac is added to the mix, it fails.