About USB and sound

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by David Corrales, Sep 1, 2006.

1. ccooper

ccooper Junior Member

David, Constant, etc....

Does your USB work in parallels? I am trying to figure out if my USB problems are specific to my system, or a bug in parallels 2.2 RC

Thanks

2. dglock2

dglock2 Hunter

I don't think its a bug since my usb devices haven't worked in any of the parallels releases.

I have installed the rc version and now my sound works fine but the usb devices in the drop down menu are still empty.

don

3. constant

constant Forum Maven

For me it is only USB pinting that has been a problem. Further to that, I have installed Parallels at a customer's and the lexmark laser parallel printer he has wont work either. Network printing does the job for both of those though.

Now the good news, the other USB devices that I have tried, being mouse, voice recorder, flash drive, and camera, have all worked perfectly.

4. ccooper

ccooper Junior Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Constant--I'm running Suse as well (10.1)---did you have to do any extra configuring in Suse to get USB to work in parallels?

Thanks

5. constant

constant Forum Maven

Through Yast I setup a USB group and made myself a member of that group. That's all.

6. ccooper

ccooper Junior Member

Thanks Constant