Activation key from boxed copy doesn't work with current build....
I'm having the same problem.
Bought the new MBP with a boxed copy of Parallels. The CD sleeve says BUILD: 2404xxxx (not sure if it's sensible to post up the entire number), and obviously comes with a product-key too.
The shop assistant at KRCS Leeds, UK, told me that I could download the latest version and use the key. Of course, I've downloaded the latest version of Parallels, tried to use the activation key, and Parallels just tells me that I can't use this key with my current version. Great.
Parallels was installed to work with a Boot Camp partition, and has been working just fine for the last two weeks. Do I really need to uninstall the latest, and working, version of Parallels, just to install the build that came on my boxed CD version? If so, Avanquest really should've pulled these old builds from the retail channel.
I've emailed customer support for the second time, but they didn't get back to me after the first email two weeks ago, so I doubt I'll get a response this time. Maybe someone in this forum can help out?!
Any help is very much appreciated.
Neil