Hello,
I tried to run several games of the Age of Empires series in Parallels Desktop 6 and I am having (different) problems with each of them.
Age of Empires I
- black box around mouse cursor
- the percentage number shown when creating units/buildings has graphics issues, making it unreadable
Age of Empires II
- black box around mouse cursor
Age of Empires III
- when SmartMouse is enabled or set to Auto, the mouse cursor will leave the VM window, making scrolling in the game impossible
- when SmartMouse is disabled, the mouse cursor is invisible
I tried the following VM configurations, both of which had exactly the same problems:
- Windows 7 64-bit Boot Camp VM (when booting via Boot Camp, everything is fine, though)
- Windows 7 32-bit regular VM
Does anyone have any of these games running in a similar configuration without the problems I described? I would be glad for advice.
Regards,
Tobias
I tried to run several games of the Age of Empires series in Parallels Desktop 6 and I am having (different) problems with each of them.
Age of Empires I
- black box around mouse cursor
- the percentage number shown when creating units/buildings has graphics issues, making it unreadable
Age of Empires II
- black box around mouse cursor
Age of Empires III
- when SmartMouse is enabled or set to Auto, the mouse cursor will leave the VM window, making scrolling in the game impossible
- when SmartMouse is disabled, the mouse cursor is invisible
I tried the following VM configurations, both of which had exactly the same problems:
- Windows 7 64-bit Boot Camp VM (when booting via Boot Camp, everything is fine, though)
- Windows 7 32-bit regular VM
Does anyone have any of these games running in a similar configuration without the problems I described? I would be glad for advice.
Regards,
Tobias