Can I keep Clean Drive from affecting my Mac drive

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by JimNBTA, Apr 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JimNBTA

JimNBTA Bit poster

Hi,
    I was not aware that Clean Drive even existed until I saw the information about freeing up space pop up in notification.
    I do not want Clean Drive to scan and/or remove files from my Mac hard drive, or at least be limited to my VM.
    When I check Full Disk Access in my Privacy Settings, Clean Drive is not listed (nor is anything else).
    I can find no information to determine if Clean Drive runs automatically, or what would have caused it to run when it did. I thought it was malware. I had clicked on a link in a document in preparation for a meeting that took me to Microsoft online to access files. I don't use that service but was unaware that the link was for that purpose. Presumably that triggered something in Parallels.
    I would turn off any automation, or simply remove Clean Drive given the opportunity, but i can find no information about Preference Settings for various tools in the Parallels Toolbox.
    Please advise how I can ensure Clean Drive does not affect the files on my Mac drive outside VM.

Thank you.
    JD

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello JD,

if you're not planning to use Clean Drive tool from Parallels Toolbox then just turn option "Remind to clean drive" OFF in preferences: open Toolbox --> Right click on "Clean Drive" --> Preferences.
    You can be sure that in this case Clean Drive will not neither scan nor clean anything on your drive.