Can not activate licens on new MAC

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by PeterB20, Nov 22, 2017.

1. PeterB20

PeterB20 Bit Poster

Hi,

I recently switched to a new MAC, and wants to move my license to this. However, I am getting the reply below. I should mention that I have "logged out" one the old MAC that I am moving from .

"You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

What to do?

Brgds Peter

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Kilo Poster

Hello @PeterB20 , we have made necessary changes to your activation key, please reattempt activation and check if it works. Thanks

3. PeterB20

PeterB20 Bit Poster

Fast reply. THANKS. Very much appreciated. And yeah. It works :) Brgds Peter B

4. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that your issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. PhilipG2

PhilipG2 Bit Poster

Hi, we have the same issue

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Kilo Poster

Hello PhilipG2, please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details.Thanks!

7. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes to the activation key, try to activate again and check if it works.

8. AlessandroF4

AlessandroF4 Bit Poster

Good morning I have the same issue
    best regards

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello AlessandroF4. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

10. AlessandroF4

AlessandroF4 Bit Poster

Please where, on old or new Mac?
    I've tried on new Mac and nothing happened
    regards

11. Sathiya@Parallels

Sathiya@Parallels Staff Member

You need to execute the terminal command on new Mac. What is the Parallels Desktop version that you are trying to activate?

12. Olga3

Olga3

Hallo! Have quite the same problem, trying to activate my parallels license key on my new Mac, I get the answer, that my license was activated with another account. Old Mac has crushed, so I had to reinstall the Mac OS system

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

Hello Olga3, Please check our private conversation.

14. PeterW22

PeterW22 Bit Poster

Hello, cant activate my license key on new mac - message: license was activated with another account. I have no other account....pls help

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

Hello PeterW22, Please check our private conversation.

16. PeterW22

PeterW22 Bit Poster

thx for answering, what can i do? both email adresses are mine

17. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We see that you've confirmed the issue resolution in our private conversation.