Cannot install Parallels Tools on CentOS 5.4 64-bit

Steve Staton

Bit poster
After a successful installation of CentOS 5.4 (64-bit), I get the following error when trying to manually run the Parallels Tools installer:

# sh install
install: line 408: ./installer/installer.x86_64: Permission denied


Closer inspection of installer.x86_64(1) reveals that it isn't a valid binary for CentOS 5.4. Any suggestions?
 
After a successful installation of CentOS 5.4 (64-bit), I get the following error when trying to manually run the Parallels Tools installer:

# sh install
install: line 408: ./installer/installer.x86_64: Permission denied


Closer inspection of installer.x86_64(1) reveals that it isn't a valid binary for CentOS 5.4. Any suggestions?

Hi,
I'm not sure (because I work with Linux rarely), but try to copy the content of cdrom to say /tmp. AFAIK some linux-distributions don't allow to run anything from CD-Rom
 
Noexec permission on the mount

After a successful installation of CentOS 5.4 (64-bit), I get the following error when trying to manually run the Parallels Tools installer:

# sh install
install: line 408: ./installer/installer.x86_64: Permission denied


Closer inspection of installer.x86_64(1) reveals that it isn't a valid binary for CentOS 5.4. Any suggestions?
The problem is probably mount options, remount the disk image with exec permission and try again.
 
For Debian 64bit OS I got it to install. First Select Install Parallels Tools from the Virtual Machine menu. Then you'll see the /media/cdrom is mounted. Copy the folder and files from the CDROM to a directory in your account. I used Documents. Then at both levels of this directory, set the eXecute permissions for all files. Then in a shell, cd to the Documents folder/directory. Then type sudo sh ./install

The whole installation will begin to run.
 
Back
Top