Cannot print multiple copies

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by byundt, Sep 3, 2018.

1. byundt

byundt Bit poster

Using Epson WF-7520 printer with Windows 10 Pro, Parallels 14 on MacBook Pro 15" late 2016. When specify printing multiple copies I only get one using Windows Word 2016 version 1809 Buildl 10823.20000 (64-bit Office Insider)/Office 365. Can print multiple copies using Mac Word 2016 no problem. This feature used to work in Parallels 13, but stopped working after I upgraded.

Is this a bug, or a configuration error on my part?

2. xiadan

xiadan Bit poster

I have the same problem with HP printer, I guess it's a general print driver issue

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @byundt, please start the Windows virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Share Printer--> please enable the " Show page setup before printing " and check if it helps.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @xiadan, to isolate the issue, please try to give a test print from Notepad on your Windows and check if the same issue happens and keep us posted.

5. CarlD2

CarlD2 Bit poster

Though it's now 2023, five years later, this problem still persists. However, your workaround does work, and I can not get multiple copies to work. However, you'd think the basic underlying issue would have been fixed in five years. Thanks very much for the workaround. --- Carl

6. CarlD2

CarlD2 Bit poster

Typo in above, which I can't seem to edit. It should read "However, your workaround does work, and I can NOW (not not) get multiple copies to work. --- CJD

7. byundt

byundt Bit poster

I am now using a Canon C255i workgroup printer, and still have the same problem. I cannot print multiple copies using Windows Word, but can still do so using Mac Word. Only now it's with Parallels Version 19.4.1 (54985), Windows 10 Pro on a MacBook Pro 15" late 2016, Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2407 Build 16.0.17820.20000) 64-bit.

I've tried looking for the "Show page setup before printing" setting, to no avail. Nor have I been able to find (and disable) the Mopier setting as suggested elsewhere on the web.

Here we are six years later and still having the same frustration. Fortunately, my workaround of using Mac Word still saves the day. I guess I shouldn't expect anything more given my past experience with other software products acquired by Corel.