Can't activate Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by antonioe2, Mar 23, 2018.

1. antonioe2

antonioe2 Bit poster

I have parallels 13 and a virtual machine with windows 10, cant activate windows, Microsoft is telling me they dont bring support for virtual machines activation issues, parallels doesnt bring telephone support, what can i do?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello antonioe2, Please check our private message.

3. IrinaF

IrinaF Bit poster

Hello, I have the same issue. It looks like after upgrading to Parallels 13 my windows 10 home is no longer activated and cannot troubleshoot its activation. I can login using my MS account, but it does not help...

4. CharlesY2

CharlesY2 Bit poster

I also have the same issue. How were you able to resolve it?

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know how you have purchased Windows. Do you have an activation key for Windows 10?

6. CharlesY2

CharlesY2 Bit poster

I bought the license from an Enterprise Reseller. I have an activation key for it.

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello CharlesY2, How did you installed Windows 10 in the first part, did you downloaded the Windows 10 .iso and installed it? or you installed it from the Parallels Desktop menu itself?

8. CharlesY2

CharlesY2 Bit poster

Installed it from the Parallels Desktop.

9. Windows download link provided within Parallels Desktop is a trial version and it is not possible to activate it. Hence, please download the Windows 10 ISO file from this link. Then refer this article and follow from 'Step 3' to create a new Windows virtual machine.

10. TomS21

TomS21 Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 14. I have a license key from my organization for Windows 10 Pro. How do I get that version of windows installed on my Mac? When using your installation tool, it only allows me to download Windows 10, not the Pro version. Thus, I can't activate the OS.
    I am sent to this page to download Windows 10.https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10ISO

11. Please download Windows 10 from the link which you have provided. Then refer this article and follow from 'Step 3' to create a new Windows virtual machine. Once you enter the Windows product key during the installation, the correct version of Windows will be installed and activated automatically.

12. leed1

leed1 Bit poster

Hi im new to Apple Mac,ive paid for an upgrade but its asking for an activation key aswell,i didn't have one when originally installed free trial, i think I've paid for the upgrade version instead of the full version, can you help please

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello leed1, According to our licensing policy, an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac is supported from Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac and Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac. In this case we can process a full refund for your upgrade purchase, you can purchase the full version of Parallels Desktop 14 and activate it.

14. leed1

leed1 Bit poster

ok,thatll be great thank you

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

We have processed the refund. Refunds take five to seven business days to appear on your account.

16. WilliamS26

WilliamS26 Bit poster

I am having the same issue when I imported from Boot Camp. I called Microsoft but they said they couldn't help me with my issue. I don't have a product key and tried logging into my MS account to re-sync my activation with my Windows. Can you assist me with getting it activated on my Parallel desktop?

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the error you are getting when you try to import Bootcamp Windows and also let us know if you are able to access Windows directly in Bootcamp.

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

19. BezzelC

BezzelC Bit poster

I recently installed parallel windows on my mac book air. It then crashed, I uninstalled and then downloaded another copy of parallel desktop windows 10. Its refusing to activate the licence. How do I activate it

20. Hi, are you mean Parallels Desktop reactivation, or Windows license reactivation?