Connecting to the internet in Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ChelseaL, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Neilw

Neilw Bit poster

Same problem. Migrated a Vista Home Basic from a PC to a new iMac i7 (10.6.2) using Transporter and a new copy of Parallels 5. Cannot get a network connection. Have tried most of what has been suggested, although the reset ip command did not work (something about needing to be elevated).

I have tried repairing permissions, re-setting the prefs network to the default. Reinstalled newest downloaded version of Parallels 5. Tried reinstalling Tools several times. Nothing works. If I try Connect to A Network, it says "Windows cannot find any Networks." If I try to add a network connection (Connect to the Internet), it says "Windows did not detect any networking hardware."

Not sure what to try next. Very frustrating. Filed a Problem Report #1206952.

Additionally, I do not have either Crystal or Coherence available (both greyed out). Not sure what is up there either.

Hopefully I can get this remedied and

2. Neilw

Neilw Bit poster

As a followup, I checked the Device Manager and the Parallels Ethernet Adapter device shows the following:
    "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12). If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

There are no other Network Adapters other than the single Parallels Ethernet Adapter.

3. TaraM

TaraM Bit poster

Can't connect to the internet

hello,

my report Id is 6580461. please help!

thanks,
    Tara

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi

I see no obvious problem. It seems that the most efficient way in your case is to create a support-ticket at http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

but if you want, just a wild guess: try to execute in the same cmd.exe next two commands

ping www.google.com
    and
    ping 74.125.232.19

and post here the output of those commands.

5. TaraM

TaraM Bit poster

pings

when i pinged google it said could not find host. then when i pinged the ip address you gave me all four were request timed out.

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hm... Do you have a firewall installed in Mac OS? If so, try to allow all communications for process "prl_naptd".

7. JDL-MPLS

JDL-MPLS Bit poster

Same problem...

No shared networking. Bridging to ethernet works, but obviously prefer shared and this used to work up until last week.

Problem report ID 6589643.

Any help appreciated.

8. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    for some reason the DHCP for Parallels SharedNetworking is disabled. Please go to the menu "Parallels Desktop" -> "Preferences" -> "Networking" and press the button "Restore Defaults" (or just enable the DHCP). Then reboot the VM and send one more problem report if this have not helped

9. JDL-MPLS

JDL-MPLS Bit poster

Fixed

Thank you. That fixed the problem.