Do not show promo offers

Who also gets these annoying ads to upgrade and wishes you could minimize them or say notify later?


  • Total voters
    25
Please don't display ads/offers.
I have not given Parallels permission to use CPU/memory to display ads on my computer.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.49.19 PM.png
 
Again and again: "Premium Mac App Bundle", you save €945 buy bundle now €39.99. This ad is disgusting and tele-shop quality.
All of this while working in a vm. Not when starting parallel!

Imagine when you make a presentation and parallels pops up and ad for your audience... :eek:

And all of this from a "professional" subscription.
 
if you have changed Windows scaling options manually before, there is a chance that after enabling Best for Retina displays mode Windows 7 will not scale properly.

To check scaling options right click on Windows Desktop > Screen resolution > Make text or other items larger or smaller > set it to Custom setting.

In Windows 10 scaling options will be automatically set to a custom scale factor provided by Best for Retina displays mode.

cps test
fbvideodl.com
 
Hello
Has any progress been made on this?
I have been using Boot Camp instead of buying Parallels because of ads in the software.
Can Parallels please advise if this bug (displaying ads in a paid product) has been fixed?
 
I stopped using Parallels 10 years ago for this reason. Just trolled back on this forum to see that NOTHING has changed!
 
Here is a crazy idea. What if you stopped displaying advertisements to customers who have paid good money for your product? Might make you look respectable!

Screen_Shot_2018_02_23_at_8_02_08_AM.png

A little bit assertive for buyers, I agree with that.
 
Had I known about this I would have gone with something else also. This MUST STOP. Parallels, you must NOT advertise crap on a PAID product, it is very unethical and is costing you business. I will recommend to people not to buy this until I hear official word that this feature has been wiped clean of your paid product.
and I have a message that say that I have to upgrade to the pro version if I want to use more than 8go of memory.
In fact this software is a trap
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.06.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.06.06 PM.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
How about an opt out/opt in (permanent)?
That could be a solution for all, those who want the offers (safe on bundle stuff) and the others (like me) who doesn't like the advertising at all.
 
Why haven't Parallels replied to this?
If you do reply, do not refer to either the fact they can be individually hidden, or that the offers are helpful. These are strawman arguments that evade our complaint.

Parallels should not display special offers, period.

Parallels, stop being evasive and reply to this forum post.
 
To me adds like this really diminish the overall value of the product. It is very sad that a strong product like Parallels has such disregards for their customers by subjecting them to subscription software in order to get a minimal kickback. I highly doubt that these packages bring value to other customers. I would have totally accepted an option to opt out of adds when I installed the solution or during an update (if this was brought in after the solution was in use). I have never experienced adds in other VM solutions that I have used such as VMWare, VirtualBox... VirtualBox, a free solution, doesn't have adds... I will certainly look at switching back to one of them if Parallels keeps going in this direction.
 
I received the offer through email, not through pop-up (but I haven't run Parallels Desktop the last few days.)
As far as I can see, none of the products being advertised are owned by Parallels, and no discount on Parallels is being offered. It was less than clear why Parallels would send out such an offer. Do we have to worry that Parallels is going broke?

One of the products in the offer, Acronis True Image, was formerly cross-advertised for use for Parallels on Mac -- Parallels included a free term license for Acronis. Considering the advertising and web sites, it really looked like Acronis was intended to work in conjunction with Parallels, offering optimized backup of Parallels VMs.
At one point, though, I happened to have a question about what one of the Acronis statistics meant, and went through multiple support cases with them before I got the official answer. The official answer from Acronis was that on Mac, the only supported mode for True Image was full system back up of all EFS / APFS hard drives as a single call. No special consideration for Parallels VMs, no ability to select particular file systems, no ability to select particular directories. Oh, the software let you pick out specific directories and files, but it didn't promise that it would record them properly or be able to recover properly unless you did a full system backup and restore !!!

I advised Parallels of this issue and recommended that they stop cross-selling Acronis as it was obviously unsuitable for the purpose being advertised.
Sadly, it does not appear that Parallels paid any attention to the proof I sent them back then :(
 
I was not aware of this issue, and have been happily using Parallels for the past couple months, and now this super annoying ad keeps popping up all day long!
HEY PARALLELS!! I DO NOT WANT POP UP ADVERTISING ON AN EXPENSIVE PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT I HAVE PAID FOR!!!
 
Totally agree that this is terrible. There is no reason to make this a pop up INSIDE of paid software. I actually stopped using Parallels Desktop and still use Access for another project and even with that, there a bugs and issues with Access. What a shame.....
 
This is so insulting. I have the so-called "Pro" version and I get pop-up ads while right in the middle of writing an email, interrupting my work. What sort of "pro" tool interrupts your work to display advertisements?

EVERYONE NEEDS TO OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET EVERY TIME THEY PULL THIS GARBAGE. HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS - HELPDESK COSTS. THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE ABOUT OUR TIME SO LET'S WASTE THEIRS UNTIL THEY WAKE UP.
 
This isn't acceptable. We fought for years to get rid of pop-ups in browsers, and a paid product (and a very good product at that) is disappointing. My initial gut reaction was 'How did adware get on my machine'.

Please don't betray our trust like this.
 
This will be the last year I pay for it. It is absolutely unacceptable to spam paying customers with advertisements. It makes the company look like some cheap 3rd-world group from India. Opting out does not work. PISSED OFF! And I will tell everyone in my circle of colleagues about their blatant disregard for customers. There are other options.
 
Back
Top