Eligibility for Free Upgrade to Parallels 11

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AndyB1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. AndyB1

AndyB1 Bit poster

So, having bought v10 on 14/08/2015, I'm assuming I'm going to be eligible for a free upgrade to Parallels 11? (I'm going to be pretty annoyed if not). Anyone know how you go about upgrading?

JonC1 and EricC2 like this.
  2. JonC1

JonC1 Bit poster

Same here!!! I purchased v10 Desktop just two months ago and now there is a screen asking for more moulah.

EricC2 likes this.
  3. Hi all, upgrade keys will be delivered automatically from Parallels by email. You should receive your upgrade key within 7 days after the new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used during the registration process when you installed Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
    For more information please check this article

4. JonC1

JonC1 Bit poster

That's a tight window. I just bought your software 8 weeks ago! June 19th, 2015. I should get updates for a year!

jtsr43 and EricC2 like this.
  5. EricC2

EricC2 Bit poster

The support eligibility page says purchase from July 29, 2015 - October 2015. October 2015 is two months away? Why would someone be purchasing Parallels Desktop 10 two months from now when 11 is out? I purchased PD 10 on May 17, 2015 and feel I should get a Free upgrade or at least a better discount. WTH?

TEREZAM and JonC1 like this.
  6. EricC2

EricC2 Bit poster

The support page makes no sense. It says July 29 - October 31, 2015. July 29th was only 3 weeks ago. That seems pretty strange and why would someone get PD 10 between now and October 31st when PD 11 is available?

JonC1 likes this.
  7. JonC1

JonC1 Bit poster

8. Joe5

Joe5 Bit poster

I upgraded to version 10 on the 30th of July and today received the email from parallels with my free version 11 product key.

9. TEREZAM

TEREZAM Bit poster

I purchased PD 10 on May,10 2015 , and I agree that if we will not get free upgrade , where is our better and better discount?

10. JamesB2

JamesB2 Bit poster

So, if I understand correctly, I purchased PD 10 on 7/22/15 and PD 11 comes out on 8/19/15, less than 30 days after I purchased, and I don't qualify for a free upgrade?
    Well, I'm now "not satisfied" with PD 10 and I'm still within the 30 day return window, so I guess I'll go that route.

JonC1 likes this.
  11. JamesP2

JamesP2 Bit poster

I upgraded June 24th mostly in anticipation of being on a supported version for OSX El Capitan. I would of held off if I knew that I would have to pay for version 11 just 2 months later. I only today activated my new license on your site. Since I activated today, would I get a key for 11? I sincerely hopes so... otherwise I will feel very ripped off. That is a very tight window to be grandfathered in.

JonC1 likes this.
  12. BjornO1

BjornO1 Bit poster

I agree with the complaints here. I purchased on 2015-07-04 thinking that since PD 10 ran Windows 10 it would get updates for Windows 10 usage for some time, but now that PD 11 is out already I don't see that happening. The window of eligibility you have defined is way too small. I got less than seven weeks of use before the software was outdated. I'm not a very happy customer right now.

JonC1 likes this.
  13. RyanH1

RyanH1 Bit poster

Same here. Purchased 7/23 and not satisfied. Using Windows 10 release date (only reason July 29 makes sense) doesn't seem to take into account that most people were interested for the upgrade factor, and not looking to buy new retail. I install Windows 8 6 days early to be ready and get nagged by parallels 9 to upgrade ... ok, then I'll be ready. Nope, got screwed on that one.

JonC1 likes this.
  14. JonC1

JonC1 Bit poster

Simply greed going on here.

ChrisT3 likes this.
  15. JasonH2

JasonH2 Bit poster

same here, i just bought pd 10 on 6th july, i barely use it and now, it ask me to pay more money to just upgrade it ??? u should get a notice or something, this is way too unfair for new users.

ChrisT3 likes this.
  16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  17. ChrisT3

ChrisT3 Member

So JasonH2, here's the translation for you: "You bought a few days too early. Tough luck. Too bad, so sad. Love, Parallels."

It seems Parallels is doing their honest best effort here to tick off as many customers as humanly possible with the Parallels 11 release. Yep, they're only offering a two week or so window. That's the shortest recent-purchase upgrade windows I think I've ever seen. And not only with Parallels - I'm talking with anybody.

It's absolutely insane and nonsensical, because they offer a 30-day refund policy! At the very least, that's the minimum they can offer. It's ridiculous!

Parallels, is there anyone at your company who looks at and considers customer satisfaction? Between crippling PD11, offering a time-bombed subscription plan, and a paltry, pathetic recent purchase upgrade plan - what in the world are you guys doing?

Parallels used to be one of my favorite products out there. But the company behind it is getting increasingly anti-customer.

And PaulChris, that link above links to your corporate webmail. Might want to fix that.

RonaldD1 and JasonH2 like this.
  18. JasonH2

JasonH2 Bit poster

basically, you r just telling me i have to live with that. and i deserve it because we are too stupid to choose to buy PD10.
    that's it, as a new user for pd, after 1month you guys make me feel like this is the last time for me to spend money on your product. not anymore! you guys just dont even give a fuck about customer satisfaction.

im the moderator in the chinese biggest mac/osx forum, i was gonna start a group purchase for pd10 just before u guys release the pd 11. still, not anymore. and wat you gonna lose is at least 30+ new users. gud luck, gold digger company.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    RonaldD1 likes this.
  19. JasonH2

JasonH2 Bit poster

yes you r right, they dont give a fuck about customer satisfaction, i used to recommended my friend and start a group purchase in my forum, there were at least 30 ppl wanna buy it because i did a review of pd10. well, not anymore. fcuk them.

RonaldD1 likes this.
  20. Mike3

Mike3 Bit poster

I'm really unhappy. I'm the ICT manager for an organisation that is starting to support Macs. I specifically bought Parallels to test against Windows 10 at the end of June. I'll be looking at VMWare instead if this is a sign of the customer support.

RonaldD1 likes this.