Every time I launch pd, it tries to install a new version

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by new nickname, Jan 12, 2017.

1. new nickname

new nickname Junior Member

i uninstalled previous version - which P says is the current version, then went to the P site and reinstalled. It is still doing this. With each launch it wants the admin name and password, then it removes the app, and puts a new one in the applications folder. I have also checked the disk permissions. This behavior is just since the last update, a few days ago.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, we request you to download this build to install on your Mac and let us know how it works.

3. new nickname

Thanks, that seems to fix it.

Raj@Parallels likes this.
  4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Welcome! Please feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. new nickname

This version also seems to have an issue.
    When I install it, I get the "The handle is invalid" when my Windows account tries to log in. I have tried the various Windows techniques to fix this, but no joy. So I did a revert to snapshot in Parallels. As soon as that completes, I get Windows back, but then Parallels Tools wants to install. As soon as that completes, the VM reboots, and I get the "The handle is invalid" error, again.

6. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Please generate a Problem Report ID & submit it here. We will check & help you out!

7. I have the same issue ... OS X latest build, parallels 12 ...

8. new nickname

Do I have to recreate the problem (update parallels tools then reboot then cause the error) or can you look through the logs?

9. Please create Problem report right after the issue reproducing and please do not close the error message if you got any

10. new nickname

hmmmmm, well, now it's not happening, twice in a row. Instead, 10 just takes FOREVER to get logged in (5+ minutes), for whatever reason. Let's leave this alone for a day and we'll see if it creeps back in.

11. new nickname

AHA. Got it. 145663926

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, we request you to download this build to install on your Mac and let us know how it works.

13. Seems to have fixed the issue and everything else still works :)

14. new nickname

So far, it seems to be running, but still sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

15. new nickname

and now the fan is screaming, and the VM is consuming 4.15 GB of my 16 GB
    and I just got another invalid handle message.

16. new nickname

This version is definitely not an improvement. Even after reverting to snapshot (which removes the PT update), rebooting results in the Start menu being nonfunctional and the taskbar not populating. If I revert to snapshot and don't reboot, all is as well as it had been (i.e. still sloooooooooow, but at least 10 functions)