Expiration of subscription

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by WarrenD1, Sep 30, 2017.

1. WarrenD1

WarrenD1 Bit poster

Does a subscription automatically terminate the software operation if subscription is allowed to expire? I have Parallels and would like to upgrade but not if I am required to pay the annual fee whether or not I want an upgrade.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @WarrenD1 , once the subscription is expired , you will not be able to use the software.

3. WarrenD1

WarrenD1 Bit poster

I thought I read that the software would continue to work, subject to "end of life" policy. Are you saying that policy is wrong and the software will quit altogether? Very confusing web-site information.

4. WarrenD1

WarrenD1 Bit poster

Arun....why did you tell me I would not be able to use the software once the subscription expired? My question was clearly asking if I could purchase a one time upgrade that wouldn't suddenly quit working.

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @WarrenD1 ,
    Please refer http://kb.parallels.com/122929 to know the difference between 1-Time Purchase and a Subscription based license for Parallels Desktop and you can purchase Parallels Desktop 13 Home edition which is available as a 1-Time Purchase if you do not want to pay an annual fee.
    Thanks