Failed to install Windows Update KB5012170.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by 张一普, Aug 11, 2022.

1. FabianS7

FabianS7 Junior Member

this latest update offered to me calls out a windows secure boot fix, albeit a different KB. but maybe related? not sure...

Attached Files:

张一普 likes this.
  2. FabianS7

FabianS7 Junior Member

ah, there you have it then. beat me to it.

3. rlsx

rlsx Junior Member

How about v17.1.4 users?

4. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

They generally don't provide free updates to old versions. When v18 was released everything before v18 became non-supportable.

5. ThomasK47

ThomasK47 Bit poster

I have the latest Parallels version 18.0.2 (53077), but Windows Update KB5012170 still fails every time.

6. AxelMe

AxelMe Bit poster

For me the same, try to update update with KB5012170 still fails. @parallels, please fix that

7. WestleyK

WestleyK Bit poster

Just download the update mini tool WUMT.zip. Run the tool, mark the update that's giving you the failed error msg and then go back to your Windows Update screen and retry the update. It will disappear and bug you no more.

8. FabianS7

FabianS7 Junior Member

it's back. PDM Pro Version 18.0.3 (53079), windows 11 pro 22h2, mac os ventura 13.0.1, 2018 intel core i7 mac mini.

Attached Files:

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello.
    First, kindly update Parallels Desktop to 18.1.0 and check if the issue remains. If it does, kindly generate a fresh technical report at the moment of reproduction as per https://kb.parallels.com/9058 and send its ID in your reply.

10. FabianS7

FabianS7 Junior Member

when i check for updates in PDM, i'm already at the latest rev. is there somewhere else to get an update not offered to me thru the app, or is this a beta release?

Attached Files:

11. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Dear Fabian,
    Thank you for letting us know. If you have an Intel Mac, that's expected behaviour due to some reasons. Will be fixed today.
    Feel free to download and install Parallels Desktop 18.1.0 by following this link: https://parallels.com/directdownload/pd18

12. FabianS7

FabianS7 Junior Member

i am now offered update 18.1.1 as of today. i will try it asap.

Attached Files:

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  13. FabianS7

FabianS7 Junior Member

ok, updated and yes, that windows update has now succeeded. thanks for your help.

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.