Fingerprint reader for Windows 11 arm64

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by RichardG17, Dec 12, 2021.

1. RichardG17

RichardG17 Member

This is a long-shot, but does anyone know of a fingerprint reader that works with Windows 11 arm64?

The ideal solution, of course, would be if Parallels could get access to the MacBook Touch ID and pass that on to Windows in some usable form. But evidently that's not possible (Parallels: if it is, please implement!)

I have two fingerprint readers: a PQI that worked fine under Parallels Windows 10 on Intel MacBooks and an Eikon Upek I retired in favor of the PQI that may or may not work on Windows 10. The Mac recognizes both devices, and Parallels passes them on to Windows 11. They appear as biometric devices, but with exclamation points indicating that there are no drivers available. I tried to install the drivers I have for the PQI, but as you might expect, they're Intel drivers and didn't work. I didn't bother trying the Eikon Upek drivers because that product was discontinued a long time ago.

Needless to say, I created a Restore point and backed up the VM before trying to install the Eikon Upek drivers, which I advise people do when trying to install any software, especially drivers, under Parallels Windows arm64 until arm64 drivers become commonplace (if ever).

Again, if anyone knows of a fingerprint reader that will work with Windows 11 arm64, please let me know.

2. HendrixF

HendrixF Bit poster

I have the exact same problem and can not find a solution.
    I've made a test with the Kensington Verimark Guard USB-C reader and Windows 11 did not recognize this hardware with the latest version of Parallel and W11.

3. GeorgiosR

GeorgiosR Bit poster

Yeah same here, in the market for a usb fingerprint reader that can work on a ARM Parallels VM but no luck, none of them not recognised in device manager.