Full screen mode does not cover full screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by totvos, Jan 15, 2013.

1. totvos

totvos Member

I recently upgraded to both Mountain Lion and PD8, where previously I had been using Lion and PD7. In my previous setup, when I went into full-screen mode, the Windows session would automatically adjust the screen resolution to go full screen. In the new setup, the "full" screen include two black bars at the top and bottom. The top area appears to be the same height as the Mac menu bar, and the bottom looks pretty much the same.

I have tried fiddling with the "Scale to Fit Screen" configuration setting, but nothing (save "Stretch", which is obviously unacceptable) fixes it.

Again, this is new with PD8/ML. Is there a workaround and/or fix coming?

Thanks, in advance,

Tom Otvos

Attached Files:

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

In the window you have on screenshot set Scale to fit Screen to Auto (when Windows is shutdown)

3. totvos

totvos Member

My configuration is indeed set to "Auto".

4. strells

strells Product Expert

The screenshot you posted has it set to Off.

Steve

5. totvos

totvos Member

Thank you, yes, I realize that screen shot has it off. But in my original description, I note that I tried every setting to no avail. The shot showing the black bars happened to be when it was "off". If it helps, I can attach a screen shot with the same black bars and the setting as "auto".

6. KSancken

KSancken Bit poster

Same Problem here, iMac and Parallels 8, couldn't get the full display size 2560x1440. Only 1920x1200.
    Hope anyone could help.