Fullscreen for games, can't close notification

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by OliverA1, Jan 3, 2021.

1. OliverA1

OliverA1 Bit poster

If I open the VM in "Fullscreen for games"-mode (Parallels 15 / Big Sur) I get a notification in the upper right corner, but I can't click on it to dismiss it, so it stays there. It even moves to my Mac desktop. Is there a way to not show this message? In the preferences there is only an option to show all notifications again, not an option to turn these off.

2. Hello, could you share with us a screenshot of this notification please?

3. OliverA1

OliverA1 Bit poster

See attachment.

Attached Files:

4. kellys2

kellys2 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same Problem is there any fix to this?

5. Thanks a lot for the provided information. Are you able to click on the "do not show it again" option?
    What is your Parallels Desktop version?

6. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version? Does the issue reoccur only in Full screen mode?

7. RichardK22

RichardK22 Bit poster

I also have the exact same issue, it's extremely annoying. The options to dismiss are greyed out and do not accept any mouse click, I am running Version 15 on MacOS Big Sur. Other than this in seems to run OK the notification just gets in the way when using in Full Screen

8. Hi, did you test it with the Parallels Desktop 16?
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs please?

9. RichardK22

RichardK22 Bit poster

Hello, I only have a parallels 15 licence, the issue occurs all of the time when in full screen.

10. What is your macOS version?

11. RichardK22

RichardK22 Bit poster

As stated in my comment above Mac OS Big Sur

12. AntonF3

AntonF3 Bit poster

Same issue. It's unclickable/ uninterractable, or are we missing a way to control it?

13. AntonF3

AntonF3 Bit poster

Possible to set this checkbox = True in some config file?
    upload_2021-11-3_19-51-48.png

Attached Files:

14. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

15. PhilL11

PhilL11 Bit poster

If it's any use to anyone, I found that if I got another macOS notification to appear over the top of the stuck message and clicked it while it was underneath the macOS one it became active. I was able to to click the "Do no show again" and close it. Happened totally by accident for me but if you want to try it for yourself, I was:
    1. Playing something in Apple Music while looking at a Windows VM with the Parallels "Full Screen" message stuck on the screen dead/greyed out.
    2. Skipped a track by hitting the F9 key on a Magic Keyboard which popped up the next track macOS notification over the stuck Parallels one.
    3. Clicked on the notification with really bad aim and managed to click the stuck Parallels notification underneath that.
    4. Discovered it was completely active and I could tick the box and close it for good. Huzzah!
    I'd find a way to undo this to try and replicate it myself but having spent a year or so with that hovering over my VMs I'm not touching anything now.