Google Drive File Stream - Cannot share with Win11 VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by moshe1, Feb 6, 2023.

1. moshe1

moshe1 Bit poster

Hi,

So I've installed Google Drive on my MAC OS and tried the "sharing cloud folders with Windows" option and I only see my iCloud folder.
    I've tried to reinstall Parallels Tools and still it doesn't work.

When I try to select a specific folder from my Google Drive folder using the 'Managed Folder' option it does work, but if I loose connection to Google Drive - it gets disconnected and I need to reselect the folders again.

I'm using Parallels Version 18.1.1 (53328) and running Win11 Pro - 22H2 version 22621.1105

Hope you guys will be able to help me out, my workflow is very complex as a result of this issue.

HenryW13 likes this.
  2. MarkA33

MarkA33 Bit poster

Same problem here. Cannot access Google Drive folder on the Mac side from the Parallels Windows VM instance. Something changed this last week with Google placing the Drive folder in the Locations bar, but there is n

3. GregW7

GregW7 Bit poster

I am having the same issue. This is very troublesome to me as my windows programs read and write support files to Google Drive in the background. Please Help

4. Barbarap1

Barbarap1 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. Here`s what happens when I try to install google drive on the Windows side from the parallels

Attached Files:

HenryW13 likes this.
  5. HenryW13

HenryW13 Bit poster

Hello
    I am having a similar issues and I beleive it related to the M1 / M2 Chipset. I have a MacBook Pro with an Intel i5 chip running Paralles Ver. 18.3.2 and I can access my google drive but I also have a MacMini with an M1 chip running Paralles Ver. 18.3.2 and I CANNOT access my google drive. Parallels any plan on the M1 updates?

6. ilysek

ilysek Bit poster

Same issue on a Mac running OS 13.6 with an Intel i7 chip. It's not just a silicon chip problem.

7. ilysek

ilysek Bit poster

And I should add ... Windows 10 on the VM. I have followed the instructions to enable the hypervisor extension in Sys Prefs, I have reinstalled Parallels, restarted the Mac when prompted during Parallels installation, reinstalled Parallel Tools. No Google Drives from the Mac side are shared to Windows. I finally had to install GD on the Windows side, which just seems wrong. This definitely happened after I made a big upgrade from 10.16 to 13.6, and the sidebar shortcuts for my 3 Google accounts moved to Locations.