Help in Organizing Legacy License Keys

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Dr. Guru, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Dr. Guru

Dr. Guru Bit poster

I have multiple license keys for Parallels going back to Version 4. The computers have all died long ago. I need to figure how how to deactivate the old licenses so they can be used on different computers. There does not appear to be a method to do this, or even see what computers are licensed to what version for that matter.

Specifically, I need to deactivate all licensed computer for my Parallels 8 installation so I can install it on a Yosemite laptop as this is the only version that will work for this OS. Could you please explain the procedure.

Thanks.

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, for moving Parallels Desktop from old Mac to New Mac please refer to this KB article.

3. Dr. Guru

Dr. Guru Bit poster

Thanks for the response, unfortunately this method does work for removing the previous Parallels 8 license that my wife has, and reinstalling it on her laptop.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, what is the error message you are getting while trying to activate the license key on new Mac. Please help us with the screenshot of the error.

5. Dr. Guru

Dr. Guru Bit poster

Hi - Thanks for the quick response. Here's the screenshot. This Version 8 is the one that I need reset and all previous computers (which are long dead) removed from your database. I blurred-out the product number on the screenshot since this is a public forum. Please let me know if you want me to provide it under a separate email.

Thanks

Attached Files:

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your license key over there.

7. Dr. Guru

Dr. Guru Bit poster

I did not see a private message appear. Could you resend. Alternately, you can email me directly at the email address for this Parallels account.

Thanks.

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we request you to create a support ticket https://kb.parallels.com/6571 to get assisted via email. We have sent you the private message again. Kindly check your inbox, it will be on the right top corner.

9. MikeH32

MikeH32 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with Parallels Desktop 8. I had it installed on a machine running El Capitan just fine, but the Hard Drive failed. When I restored from a time machine,I have tried to re-activate the copy of Parallels 8 and got the same popup as reflected in the earlier screenshot. Advise??

10. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly help us with the error message you are getting when trying to activate Parallels Desktop 8.