kmillermcfbc
Bit poster
Everything working fine in Desktop 3.0 then upgraded to
4.0. My Windows 2003 server (Guest OS) needs a specific IP address
to be used as Ethernet (bridged). But when Desktop 4.0 was
installed it took the IP address that is needed by the guest OS so
now when in Windows 2003 and I set the IP manually I get the
following error:
"The IP addresess 10.10.101.25 you have entered for this network
adapter is already assigned to another adapter `Parallels Network
Adapter`. The Parallels Network Adapter is hidden from the Network
connections folder because it is not physically in the computer...
So - how do I change the IP address of that hidden network adapter?
FYI- I`ve done many things, reconfigured the VM, changed how
networking works - but every time I go back I get this error
message. AND I've loaded a new Version of DT4 Build 4.0.3540 Nov 21)
Unfortunately I need that IP address because this is the remote backup
system in a point-to-point connection over a dedicated T1 where all
the hardware specifies the hard coded IP address.
Help my backup server has been down several days now. Is the only solution to go back to DT3?
4.0. My Windows 2003 server (Guest OS) needs a specific IP address
to be used as Ethernet (bridged). But when Desktop 4.0 was
installed it took the IP address that is needed by the guest OS so
now when in Windows 2003 and I set the IP manually I get the
following error:
"The IP addresess 10.10.101.25 you have entered for this network
adapter is already assigned to another adapter `Parallels Network
Adapter`. The Parallels Network Adapter is hidden from the Network
connections folder because it is not physically in the computer...
So - how do I change the IP address of that hidden network adapter?
FYI- I`ve done many things, reconfigured the VM, changed how
networking works - but every time I go back I get this error
message. AND I've loaded a new Version of DT4 Build 4.0.3540 Nov 21)
Unfortunately I need that IP address because this is the remote backup
system in a point-to-point connection over a dedicated T1 where all
the hardware specifies the hard coded IP address.
Help my backup server has been down several days now. Is the only solution to go back to DT3?