How to fix mouse problem while running Parallel 12 Window on Mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KarlL3, Jun 5, 2017.

1. KarlL3

KarlL3 Bit poster

I just start using Parallel in the past few weeks and it seems that I got the command mistake like the mouse got trap in the parallel. I tried to update it to the latest version which is Parallel 12 but the problem still not fixed. Is there anyway I could fix this problem? Thank You

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KarlL3 , please help us with a little more issue description, so that we will check and assist you further.

3. KarlL3

KarlL3 Bit poster

When I use the Parallel, the mouse got freeze and ask me to type Control+Alt. When I did that, I can move the mouse around again in Mac IOS. However when I tried to use Parallel, it still has the same problem like that.

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Please reinstall Parallels Tools and change the mouse setting to (open virtual machine Configuration -> Hardware -> Mouse & Keyboard) "Don't optimize for game".

5. imbeder

imbeder Bit poster

I got a problem like this but I can't find how to post a new message, so I put it here.
    Recently in my VM, both win10 and ubuntu, when I click-move or double click my mouse or touchpad, the command key will transfer to the VM, then in win10, the win-key will popup the start menu, in ubuntu, there's a same problem. My mouse or touchpad is OK, and I've tried to change mouse config, but all of these are useless, please help me.

6. michaels40

michaels40 Bit poster

Greetings, I am running Mac OS High Sierra and Parallels 13. The cursor of the mouse is visible in both Windows and Mac OS. When I click in Windows the cursor disappears and I am prompted to Ctrl + Alt to free the cursor. I have tried switching the game modes and auto detect. Any recommendations?

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello michaels40, Please start Windows virtual machine and click on Actions(On the Mac menu bar) > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if this works. Thanks!