How to transfer my license to a new mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RichardV4, Sep 4, 2015.

1. RichardV4

RichardV4 Bit poster

Hi I just bought a new mac and would like transfer my license. How do I go about doing that? I installed it trial mode for the time being - hopefully there is a way to enter the license once you reset my account.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

@RichardV4 Please check your private message. Thanks!

3. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Richard,
    Please check your private message. We have provided you the solution there.

SauloP likes this.
  4. SauloP

SauloP Bit poster

----
    My situation is more or less the same. I was not able to activate the Parallels 11 in the new Mac, then I installed on it the 14-day trial mode. The product I bought give me not the right to install it in another computer? If yes, thus why this unfair clause in the license agreement is not announced clearly and with big letters?
    [1 Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition Upgrade (1 Year) Previous version required - delivery electronic - cleverbridge reference number: 79278474 - AKD-73642850268 - Purchase on September 3, 2015]

5. SauloP

SauloP Bit poster

A further observation. Why to provide the solution for this problem through a private message? Are we not in a Forum exactly to spread relevant information for the participants?

6. Hi, the Parallels End User License Agreement permits one copy of the software to be activated by a single license key on a single computer.
    If you have multiple license keys for the software, you may activate that number of copies of the software on the same corresponding number of computers as you have license keys.
    The Parallels End User License Agreement is available at: http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/

7. Also we cannot provide our customers with the license key in the public forum thread according to the security policy.
    In this case we send the private messages.

8. Francisco1

Francisco1 Junior Member

I sent several private messages to Maria over the past week but she never replied to me.

9. Hi, I've replied you and also sent an official email. Please check your inbox.

10. Francisco1

Francisco1 Junior Member

Thanks, Maria.

11. Again sorry for the delay.

12. MikeY1

MikeY1 Bit poster

Hi, Maria, I also need to transfer my license to a new Mac. I deleted/uninstall parallels on the old mac, but I still can't use the activation code on the new one. Could you provide some assistance? Thanks!

13. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Mike, please check you private message and provide us the information so that we can check it for you.

14. magaretz

magaretz Bit poster

so formally, you have to buy another license if you use it on another computer?

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Magaretz, please check your private message and reply us.

16. petro

petro Member

Hello, I have the same problem. I got a new Mac, and need to de-activate my license on the old machine, and allow it to be activated on a new machine. Thanks!

17. Hey, please reactivate your Parallels Desktop license on your new Mac and check the issue.
    Moreover, please check your inbox for more information.

18. lkkeze

lkkeze Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem. I had PD 9 installed on an old Mac. Now I have got a new one and want to transfer the PD to it. I have followed the instructions on the KB: http://kb.parallels.com/116527 but it failed to activate the key. It seems that to uninstall the PD on the old one is not enough and the KB is misguiding. Any other solution?

19. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

20. radaiming

radaiming Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem, I fail to transfer PD 10 to new Mac, I need to deactive the licence on old Mac.