How to transfer my license to a new mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RichardV4, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi radaiming, please check your private message and reply us.

2. NathanS3

NathanS3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am having a similar issue. I have tried to move the activation from a previous computer by signing out, and signing in to the new computer. When I try to activate the license, it says I have too many activations.

3. Hi, we've reset your key, please try to activate your Parallels Desktop copy once again.

4. KarlD

KarlD Bit poster

Hey guys,

i have the same problem here. I bought a new MacBook Pro and started the migration tool from both of the Macs to transfer the data from the old MacBook to the new one. Now, if I start the parallels desktop and try to enter my key, I get the message that I have already reached the maximum count of activations.

How can I solve this problem?

Best Regards
    Karl

5. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @KarlD
    we have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

6. RechieP

RechieP Bit poster

Hi, i am changing to new mac and tried to move the activation from a previous computer by signing out, and signing in to the new computer. When I try to activate the license, it says I have too many activations.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can see that you have a Business subscription. You can log in to your Parallels account and deactivate the license. We have done that for you now. You can activate it on the new Mac.

8. ChrisJ15

ChrisJ15 Bit poster

Please message me. I need to transfer my license to a new Mac. I do NOT know my key.

9. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ChrisJ15, You have Parallels desktop 10 for Mac, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly download Parallels Desktop 10 from this link < www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10 > and try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

ChrisJ15 likes this.
  10. ChrisJ15

ChrisJ15 Bit poster

Thank, you. Some magic happened and now everything works.

11. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for any additional queries.

12. TonyV3

TonyV3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm selling my MacBook and need to change Parallels to my desktop.
    -tony

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TonyV3, Please check our private conversation.