I have a valid license for a legacy version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GS_, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 12 key. Try and let us know the results.

2. Oliver6

Oliver6 Bit poster

It's working again! I thank you for the help!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. ThomasS67

ThomasS67 Bit poster

Hello, I have a Legacy License and I am trying to re-install Paralells from the CD after my computers HD crashed and I was forced to re-install all my software, It says that your key has reached it's activation limit. Can I get help please. -Thomas

4. Hello, we've found only Parallels Desktop 8 license key in your account and reset it.
    If you have any other Parallels Desktop licenses please provide us with it via the private message.

5. MarioP8

MarioP8 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have a Parallels Desktop 10 license and I'm unable to register on my Mac. I get the activation limit message. I no longer have the original Mac I originally installed with. Can someone please assist?

6. Hi, we've made some changes, please check the issue.

7. MarioP8

MarioP8 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels, I tried my license again but I still receive the error about being unable to confirm and having the max number of activations.

8. Please check your inbox for more information.

9. dxula

dxula Bit poster

Attached Files:

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Parallels Desktop 12 is not compatible with Big Sur. You have to buy an upgrade to the latest version to use Parallels Desktop on Big Sur.

11. RobertB62

RobertB62 Bit poster

I have Parallels Desktop 8 License which shows up in the legacy section of my account. When I boot up my old mac (10.6.8 which can not be upgraded), it has Parallels 8 installed but comes up with the message that I am at my limit, and that it can not verify, yet it is in the legacy section of my account. The message also indicates to purchase another license. How can this be fixed and there is no way to purchase another license for parallels 8? Any help would be appreciated.

12. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your Parallels Desktop for Mac 8 license key over there.

13. Mehdi3

Mehdi3 Bit poster

i have Legacy Licenses:
    Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac
    Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac
    Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
    Can i buy and use the
    Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 Pro Edition 1-Year Subscription
    Version?

14. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @Mehdi3, Yes, you can purchase the upgrade license and activate it under the same account as the previous version license. Thanks, Parallels Team.

15. PARALLELSD6

PARALLELSD6 Bit poster

Hello there, I have an old Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, I want to use it on my old MacBook Pro that I have re-installed from scratch.
    Installing the software and after login, it ask for the license key and when I put it into it says that "This key cannot be used for activate Parallels Desktop. If this key is for Parallels Desktop Business Edition...".
    What I'm doing wrong, I've used this software and license for years, until the reinstallation... can you help me?

16. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello @PARALLELSD6,
    We have made some changes.
    Please check again if the issue persists.
    Regards!

17. Jim18

Jim18 Bit poster

I also have this problem, Please Help!
    I simply moved my hard drive to a different machine (due to previous machine video failure), new machine is almost exactly the same and hard drive and data were unchanged.
    When I tried to open parallels, I was prompted to activate, entered the product key, met message "internet unavailable", then went on Parallels sit to enter key, was notified the key was Blacklisted.
    Please advise! Thank You.

18. Jim18

Jim18 Bit poster

anything? ANYONE at Parallels? Please Respond and adjust my Key (as you have done for others in this thread with seemingly the same issues?

I've been struggling with this issue for 4 days straight, and requested assistance from Parallels over 24 hours ago on this Forum, Twitter, and Facebook.
    ZERO REPLIES FROM PARALLELS.
    I have bought your software (twice), and have all keys, have read thru forums where you rely apparently upon your CLIENTS to solve the problems your other clients are experiencing instead of backing up your OWN product.

Once your product works, it's great, but GETTING IT TO WOK seems to be the job of the customer, not the Seller.

I have a legacy machine, OS, and Parallels version (Legacy License Parallels version 11 on MAC OS 10.14 running Win XP on a MacBook Pro 5.3), and have suffered a machine failure, which forced me to move my SSD HD into a twin backup computer, with No Other Changes.
    I've checked my firewall, et all as per advice of these forums and many hours of searching the net for answers, and still cannot re-activate your software on it's native drive in my "new" machine.
    This Is Costing Me REAL Time and Money.
    I am at a standstill.
    This machine is critical to my operation.

Will Someone at Parallels Please Step Up and Support the Product they are Still Actively Selling?
    PLEASE?

19. Jim18

Jim18 Bit poster

Trishna, is there any way you might look into my issue on this forum topic and assist me?
    I have been waiting for a response here, as well as on twitter and facebook ...
    Please Help?

20. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    We have sent you a private message to request for additional information to proceed further with your request.
    Thank you.

Jim18 likes this.