Icon Missing in Task Bar & Parallels is not working

DonnaN

Bit poster
Hi,

I need immediate help! A while back my Windows updates stopped being able to update. Now, I noticed that my Parallels icon (red || vertical pipes) is gone in the top bar.

What happens is I double click on the Parallels icon and Windows starts, but when I try to use an application, it can't find the documents to open. For example, QuickBooks, I launch it and it cannot open the QBX file. It does the same with Word or any other application. Also, it is in some strange minimized window, if I go to the full screen, it cuts it off with some black out to either side and the resolution is very low. See image attached.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall (even application settings) and still no luck. It will not let me uninstall it completely. I'm not a systems expert, so you need to be descriptive in your help. I've read, tried and have been unsuccessful with the following:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/112189
http://kb.parallels.com/en/5029

Thank you,
Donna :)
 

Attachments

  • parallels-issue.jpg
    parallels-issue.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 7
Ok, did that now what should I do? My Parallels icon is still missing and applications are still not working.
 
Please help me with more specific instruction.

I did what you told me, uninstalled and reinstalled and icon is still missing and I got the same "Failed to configure Windows updates. Reverting changes". Applications still can't open files.

I need to invoice my customers, so it is vital that I get this problem resolved today. Please, please help.

Donna
 
Hi,

I got it to work! :)

What I did was "Reinstall Parallels Tools" from the Virtual Machine window. It restarted Windows and it works just fine.

Wow, what a relief!

Thank you so much,
Donna :)
 
Back
Top