Stevamundo said:I didn't create this thread to totally bash Parallels. I basically created this thread to light a fire under their butts.
The hash reality is that Parallels is going to be buried by Fusion IF Parallels doesn't change their ways REAL soon.
1. make a less buggy of a product. If that means more time between builds, DO IT.
2. overall better support to their customer.
3. DO NOT LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.
I agree with you completely. But aside from those leaving parallels due to their lack of ability to carry out promises (or who can't get support when something goes wrong; seems the bugs happen to some, not others), I think that Parallels isn't finished just yet (though they DO need to wizen up to keep from shrinking). Reason: Fusion is buggy itself, and (in beta) lacks some basic things found in Parallels. For example, you can't access the start menu in Unity mode, and in Unity the windows slide below the dock. I tried opening a game that requires directx 6 (and I think xp came with directx 9?), and it crashed the virtual computer upon opening. In Parallels, it just quits the game. Also, Fusion can't just change the screen size when I resize the window, which is ANNOYING. So I think parallels is okay for the short run, but better wizen up.
Last edited: