[in progress] OpenGL 4 Support (list of app titles and their status inside)

After upgrading from DIALux EVO 7 to DIALux EVO 8 it is no longer working.
Hi @KennethE1, can you please share more details about this issue? Were you able to fix it by reinstalling DIALux EVO 8?
if you have this issue yet, can you please send us a technical data report collected after reproducing the issue? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data...
Please post the report ID here. Thank you!
 
Hi @KennethE1, can you please share more details about this issue? Were you able to fix it by reinstalling DIALux EVO 8?
if you have this issue yet, can you please send us a technical data report collected after reproducing the issue? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data...
Please post the report ID here. Thank you!

ID 286124202

Re-installing did not solve the problem.
I appreciate your response - Thanks!
 
Open GL fail for DelftShip free version , as it has for OH so many years now.
Adverts said Parallels would now run DelftShip.
Found tech note about manual reset/adjust of graphics memory to 'AUTO' but I found no 'AUTO' option in my Win10 Graphics Config in Parallels ??
. . . .
running:: 2015 MacBook, 16GB Ram , Mohave 10.14.2 , Parallels 14 w/ new toolbox, Win 10 pro 'latest/all updates' , DelftShip latest version . . . .

UPDATE : : : : : !!!!
Win 7 pro runs DelftShip and 'OpenGL Extensions Viewer 5.1 reports OpenGL_3.?=>Win7 //// OpenGL_1.1=>Win10.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the report. Looks like you're running Parallels Desktop 13, and you need to upgrade to the latest version to get it working. See this page for more details: https://www.parallels.com/desktop-upgrade/

After the upgrade you need to enable the new graphics feature manually, please see this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124575

I can report back that upgrading to Parallels 14 solved the problem. Dialux Evo is running super smooth, and is by far the best update that you have made! Well done!
 
Open GL fail for DelftShip free version , as it has for OH so many years now.
Adverts said Parallels would now run DelftShip.
Found tech note about manual reset/adjust of graphics memory to 'AUTO' but I found no 'AUTO' option in my Win10 Graphics Config in Parallels ??
. . . .
running:: 2015 MacBook, 16GB Ram , Mohave 10.14.2 , Parallels 14 w/ new toolbox, Win 10 pro 'latest/all updates' , DelftShip latest version . . . .

UPDATE : : : : : !!!!
Win 7 pro runs DelftShip and 'OpenGL Extensions Viewer 5.1 reports OpenGL_3.?=>Win7 //// OpenGL_1.1=>Win10.
Hi @GRay, can you please reinstall Parallels Tools again in Windows 10 (Actions menu > Reinstall Parallels Tools), after a reboot shutdown Windows 10 and check if Auto option is available in VM config. If not, please send us a technical data report collected after reproducing the issue? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data...
Please post the report ID here. Thank you!
 
Hello I have problem with running of Photocentric Studio software. It's slicer for my 3D printers. I bought Parallels only to run it. Could you help me with this?
 

Attachments

  • Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-27 o 16.07.16.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-27 o 16.07.16.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 5
Hello I have problem with running of Photocentric Studio software. It's slicer for my 3D printers. I bought Parallels only to run it. Could you help me with this?
Hi @hanion, can you please generate and send a technical report once you get this message? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data... Please post the report ID here.
By the way, what happens if you click OK and continue?
 
Hi @hanion, can you please generate and send a technical report once you get this message? Go to Help menu > Send Technical Data... Please post the report ID here.
By the way, what happens if you click OK and continue?

Hello @Dmitry@Parallels. Report ID number is 286966565.
When I click OK software starts but there is no view in 3D model window so I can't load and working on 3D models.
 

Attachments

  • Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-28 o 14.19.39.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-28 o 14.19.39.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 4
from Moderator:

List of applications requested:
  • DIALux EVO 7 (works in 13.0.0 or later)
  • DIALux 8 (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • Corpus 4 CAD
  • PaletteCAD
  • arivis Vision4D
  • SketchUp Pro 2017, 2018 (works in 14.0.0 or later), Parallels is working on SketchUp Viewer
  • OriginLab, scientific plotting application (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • Pythagoras
  • CTvox by Brucker (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • VTK system based apps
  • On1PhotoRAW2018
  • MegaCAD 3D 2018
  • Blue Marble Global Mapper (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • Topaz Studio


Hello

I totally don't know why this is not at first point.
Me personally wait for it LONG LONG LONG Time , you are building this several YEARS.

As I wrote you you foucus on cosmetic on each new version. Do this what you promise better OPENGL support. OpenGL 2 don't work at all with CAD software , for openGl 3 we wait and wait. Even your competitor have this support.

So summarizing STOP Promise JUST DO IT.
Please add the following:

Pix4D
CADZone
 
Can I deactivate my Parallels license and sell it? Unfortunately I bought it for install only one software and I can't run it because of OpenGL problems. I don't have time for it and will try other solution.
 
CYPECAD and CYPE 3D currently use OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile and shading language version 330.

The 3.2 features required are:
  • GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex
  • GL_ARB_texture_multisample
The 3.3 features required are:
  • GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location
  • GL_ARB_sampler_objects
  • GL_ARB_instanced_arrays

If this extensions where exposed, we could change the code to ask for a 3.2 context and retrieve them if available.
 
Back
Top