[in progress] OpenGL 4 Support (list of app titles and their status inside)

Docent

Bit poster
from Moderator:
Please comment with titles of OpenGL 3 applications, that you want to run in Parallels Desktop for Mac.
List of applications requested:
  • arivis Vision4D (requires OpenGL 4.2)
  • Aurora HDR
  • AutoSPRINK (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • BIM ACCA Edificius (works in 15.0.0 or later)
  • Blue Marble Global Mapper (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • CADZone
  • CONDACAM 3.1 (works in 14.1.4 or later)
  • Corpus 4 CAD (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • CTvox by Brucker (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • CYPE 2020
  • CYPECAD and CYPE 3D (works in 15.0.0 or later)
  • Daslight 4
  • DELFTship (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • DIALux EVO 7 (works in 13.0.0 or later)
  • DIALux EVO 8 (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • DIALux EVO 9 (works in 16.0.0 or later)
  • Farming Simulator 15 (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • FormWare 3D Slicer
  • Jetstream Viewer
  • Luminar 2018 (works in 15.1.0 or later)
  • MassMotion by Oasys
  • MegaCAD 3D 2018 (works in 15.1.0 or later)
  • Metrolog X4 (works in 15.1.0 or later)
  • On1PhotoRAW2018 (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • OriginLab, scientific plotting application (works in 14.0.0 or later)
  • PalleteCAD 9.29.047 (works in 14.1.3 or later)
  • PalleteCAD v10 (works in 16.0.0 or later)
  • Photocentric Studio (works in 15.1.0 or later)
  • pix4d mapper (works in 15.1.0 or later)
  • Pixera' by 'AV Stumpfl' (requires OpenGL 4.5)
  • ProPresenter 6 (works in 16.0.0 or later)
  • Pythagoras
  • Rhinoceros 6 (improved in 16.0.0 or later)
  • SAMSON Connect (works in 16.0.0 or later)
  • SketchUp Pro 2017, 2018 (works in 14.0.1 or later)
  • Topaz Studio
  • Transport Fever 2
  • Vasco Da Gama 11 (works in 14.1.0 or later)
  • VTK system based apps (works in 14.0.0 or later, even when OpenGL version detection fails)
  • VXElements

Hello

I totally don't know why this is not at first point.
Me personally wait for it LONG LONG LONG Time , you are building this several YEARS.

As I wrote you you foucus on cosmetic on each new version. Do this what you promise better OPENGL support. OpenGL 2 don't work at all with CAD software , for openGl 3 we wait and wait. Even your competitor have this support.

So summarizing STOP Promise JUST DO IT.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please add titles of the OpenGL 3 applications, that you want to run in Parallels.
 
OriginLab, scientific plotting application
I've been waiting for upgrades in OpenGL for at least 6 years! Can't believe new versions of Parallels are released without upgrades to OpenGL!
 
Last edited:
Seriously?? You are asking this question now, as users have complained about this topic since six (6!) years. You are on the fifth version and still Parallels 13 does not include OpenGL 3.2+, which is not even the latest. VMWare is more advanced. Oh yes, incase you want to read the news and find out about software that does not work you should subscribe to this thread in your own stupid bulletin board. How can you ask this question without invalidating all the users on the other thread? Are you reading and understanding the users complaints at all?
https://forum.parallels.com/threads/opengl-3-2.290841/
https://forum.parallels.com/threads/opengl-3-1-or-later.210177/
AutoCAD requires DirectX 11, Recap requires OpenGL 3.3.
 
I have to say I am pretty Pizzzzd off. Before purchase, you weighed up the competition, it is so close.
Your business makes the decision to go with Parallels versus another VM versus a standalone PC.
You buy the latest iMac (June 17) to reduce the loss in VM performance. You buy the Windows, you buy the PC version of the software instead of the Mac version since it is still in Beta etc (GlobalMapper).
AND then it all falls over because of a tiny bit of hardware firmware that they (refuse) to update. OPenGL 2.1 came out in 2006! That's back when the Wii was released! The latest release of Parallels is fluff & bubbles I really don't give a Shizz about, I mean I can do that stuff on my mac!
As a recent purchase, I am only thankful I havent bought the other software intended for the VM (Pix4d), Last night I almost paid for the $500US LiDar module for Global Mapper but thought I will investigate this OpenGL warning message first. Glad I did. With no other software on this VM, I ASS_U_MEd the OpenGL issue was with Global Mapper software...surely not the most well known VM brand! Well YOU_Made_An_ASS_ out of me with that assumption...a costly one.

Look! if my kid was born when OpenGL 2.1 came out, it would be in high school now! Time for Parallels to Grow Up too! OpenGL 4.1 Please but if thats a struggle the 2009 version 3.1 would help.
If this is a management directive not to update I would be the most embarrassed software developer (look for a new company).
(where's the Angry emojicon?) Oh found it: :mad:
 
Sketch up Pro. Please on behalf of whole architectural community
SketchUp runs well on Mac (native), but I agree that SketchUp on Windows doesn't work in Parallels. This is sometimes needed for specific plug-ins.

Following CAD software works in Parallels for me (so not all is bad):
  • Revit 2016 and 2017 (with warning that it runs without hardware acceleration)
  • AutoCAD 2017
  • Rhinoceros 5
  • 3ds Max 2017
  • Navisworks 2017
  • ARCHICAD 20

Not the smoothest, but usable.
 
Please add titles of the OpenGL 3 applications, that you want to run in Parallels.

The upcoming Pythagoras version 16 will only run on parallels with OpenGL 3+ support.

We don't want our customers to switch.

Thanks for resolving the problem asap.

Team Pythagoras
 
I would like to have CTvox (by Bruker) working with Parallel. Being waiting for years. There is NO reason whatsoever that Parallel company shouldn't do this very loooooooooooooong time ago. Don't give me excuses any more. Just DO IT, or pack up your company.
 
They do not implemment OpenGL because they do no know how to. Not capable of doing it.
Head of soft development is not proficient.
Move to VM for that feature.
I left 3 years ago for this same reason.
Good Luck.
 
Back
Top