Installed upgrade --> lost Internet on VM. Help!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Parallels User, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Seeker,

My apologies for being away...
    I meant you should create a new VM and install Windows on it without using BootCamp.

I asked Parallels developers to analyze your issue profoundly. Here is what they said:

First, you should eliminate Parallels - BootCamp interaction problems and get Parallels Tools installed correctly:

1. Open Configuration Editor of your VM -> Hard Disk -> Advanced tab. Click Clear button.

2. In Configuration Editor open CD-Rom, make sure that CD/DVD-Rom is enabled. Choose Connect at startup option. Click OK.

3. Start your VM. It is supposed to run properly now.

Then you should make another try to get network connection:

1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel -> System -> Hardware) and uninstall the network driver there.

2. If Parallels Tools did not install automatically, go to Devices in Parallels Desktop menu bar and choose CD/DVD-Rom -> Connect image. Browse to Mac HD -> Library -> Parallels -> Tools -> vmtools.iso.

3. When Parallels Tools are installed, open Control Panel and launch Add Hardware Wizard.
    - For the question "Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?" Answer "Yes, I've already connected..."
    - In the Installed hardware list choose Network adapter. On the next page click "Have disk" button.
    - Browse to D:\Network\RTL8029\Win2000.XP.ME.2000 and add the driver.

Best regards,
    Xenos

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  2. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Attached Files:

3. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Seeker,

To find the path just change Category View you have set now to Classic View (use the link on the upper left side of the Control Panel window).

How did you you know that Tools were not installed? You could not see the yellow icon in System tray (bottom right corner of the desktop)? Can you remember?
    You should not have expected to see the Tools Installation running. When CD-Rom is connected at startup, Tools get installed in silent mode.

Please uninstall Parallels Tools, shut down the Guest OS and try again.

Best regards,
    Xenos

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Seeker,

Glad to know you get the network connection again.
    Congratulations!

Best regards,
    Xenos

7. Jacksonhall

Jacksonhall Bit poster

8. mpowell

mpowell Bit poster

Hi all,

I too have this exact same problem as of this morning. It happened immediately after I installed the latest Leopard security patch.

9. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

10. Chetw7@yahoo.com

Chetw7@yahoo.com Bit poster

Help

I am having a similar issue after trying to install the update that came out. Have spent too many hours now trying to fix this. Can I just uninstall and then reinstall parallels? Please help?