"Installing Parallels tools..." menu stuck

JanT2

Bit poster
Hi. Parallels got into some strange state: in the Actions menu, I have a greyed out "Installing Parallels tools..." even though I installed the tools some time ago and restarted the VM multiple times and even the host OS. I didn't found any device I could mount/unmount... What can I try to unstuck it?
Thanks.

Latest Parallels 12, latest macOS, guest is Debian installed from the Parallels-prepared image in the New VM wizard.
 
I managed to find prl-tools-lin.iso on my host, mount it manually and reinstall the tools. After that, the menu item fixed itself.
 
I managed to find prl-tools-lin.iso on my host, mount it manually and reinstall the tools. After that, the menu item fixed itself.
Hi JanT2. We're glad that you were able to handle the issue, and thank you for sharing the info. Please get back to us for any further queries.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top