Installing Windows 10 crashed

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlexanderW2, Dec 16, 2016.

1. AlexanderW2

AlexanderW2 Bit poster

installing Windows 10 on the parallels current version got to 25% then crashed to the screen in the picture now it won't run have reset everything still getting the same screen.

Attached Files:

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AlexanderW2
    Could you plz let us know the source of your Windows installation? Is it from a DVD or an .iso disc image, or a bootable USB drive?

3. LeighB

LeighB Bit poster

Mine is a bootable USB drive. It says it's going to reboot then a black screen with a Windows emblem. The only option that gets any movement is stopping. But that just means starting over from scratch and coming to the same point.

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hi Leigh, have you tried disconnecting USB drive after installation? If not, please try and let us know how it goes!

5. LeighB

LeighB Bit poster

Ok, here's what I did. I suspended the installation when it hung up. That gave me access to the USB drive so that I could safely disconnect it. Then I resumed the installation. So now I have a black screen, no Windows emblem, and on the control center the spiraling circle. I think when I got the Windows emblem on the screen, I was trying to install 32 bit Windows 10 to see if it would work because I don't remember seeing anything but black most of the time. So far, I can't get past this point.

I hope that this provides some insight. Thanks for the help,

Leigh

6. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

You are most Welcome. If Windows stuck with Black screen, please click on Action -> Reset. Keep us updated on your progress.

7. LeighB

LeighB Bit poster

I'm afraid I don't have 'Action' as an option. My choices are 'File' 'Edit' 'Installation' 'Window' and 'Help.' The other machines I have installed have 'Actions' as an option.

8. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Kindly click on the Parallels icon in the Mac status bar ( Two Red Parallels line on the right top of Apple menu bar) -> click on Action -> Reset. let us know how it goes!

9. LeighB

LeighB Bit poster

Ok, I have 'Windows 10' with a check mark by it, 'Configure' 'Control Center' 'New' 'Open' 'Preferences' 'Help' 'Check for Updates' 'About Parallels Desktop' and 'Quit Parallels Desktop' as options.

If I go with the Debian machine, it shows 'Debian' checked, then 'View' 'Actions' 'Configure' 'Control Center' etc.

I don't ever get those options with Windows 10.

10. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

It looks like your Windows 10 Virtual Machine is shut down. Please start it and check if you can find Action option on mac menu bar. If you are still experiencing same issue, please reply us with few screenshot. We'll check and help you out!

11. LeighB

LeighB Bit poster

If I shut down the Parallels Wizard window it gives me the choice of 'Stop' 'Cancel' or 'Suspend.' 'Stop' will completely eliminate the Windows 10 machine. 'Cancel' does nothing and 'Suspend' stops it until I resume again and it is still as frozen as ever.

If I click on the top bar, then I have the choice of 'Installation.' Which gives me the options of 'Suspend' 'Stop' and 'Continue Manually.' Again, 'Suspend' just stops the machine until I resume and it stays hung up. 'Stop' deletes the machine altogether. And 'Continue Manually' stays frozen.

12. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

We want to get this resolved for you, please email us detailed description at cs(at)parallels(.)com and we'll follow up.

13. LeighB

LeighB Bit poster

Alright, thanks for the help.

14. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

You are welcome. Reach us out if you have any questions in future.

15. MaryM3

MaryM3 Bit poster

Hello I am having a similar issue - I am trying to install windows 10 from a USB and it seems to go fine until it gets to the reboot part and then it just gets stuck on a black screen with a spinning ball that says parallels wizard. I am running the brand new parallels 12 with all updates.

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, did you click Parallels icon in the Mac status bar ( Two Red Parallels line on the right top of Apple menu bar) -> click on Action -> Reset? If not, please try and let us know how it works.

17. Jim6

Jim6 Bit poster

WOW... and I thought I was going to be the only one... Went to load BROKEN Windows 10 on my Mac.... Which never EVER gives me troubles.... I'm stuck with a "getting ready" screen... So I finally found a "reset command" in the drop down.. Now I have totally BROKEN Parallels...

NO WONDER I HATE WINDOWS AND ANY THEIR SOFTWARE

18. Jim6

Jim6 Bit poster

First time installer... Now 3 hours into a really bad BROKEN windows experience... 1/2 way though install I have a frozen screen with "Getting ready" Now it is locked up with "restart and restart install" however it's frozen there...

19. Jim6

Jim6 Bit poster

So I had a autonomous car that ran on windows... every once in awhile you have to get out.... Open the trunk and then passenger door... Then the lights would work and you could once again drive it...
    This last time ... I put my left leg in the air... Spun the bottle... then I stuck my tongue out...

Yeah... that makes no sense.... Nothing with windows makes sense... I finally found how to stop the bad install and was able to create another virtual machine... WTF... and then it seemed to be happy.... I sure hope Microtrash is making money...

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Jim6, glad you are able to install Windows 10 virtual machine on your Mac successfully. I hope this blog post will help in installing Windows 10 virtual machine in Parallels Desktop.