Following the steps to install the OS on a VM (https://kb.parallels.com/4729#section3), step 3 is supposed to ask for a license key. It doesn't ask for the license key. Completely skips that step but carries on to ask if I want Productivity or Games Only. I get the Windows Installation screen, setup is starting, Error Screen Windows Setup: Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License. Make sure the installation source is valid and restart the installation. I click OK, Windows Install continues, then I get
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. But it never restarts. The installation crashes each time. I have an ISO sitting on my Mac desktop. I chose that manually. If I attempt to use a bootable USB Flash Drive I created (using terminal) the flash drive unmount itself and the next thing PARALLELS install tells me the medium has no OS (because it unmounted itself and disappears from the Finder window).
Short history....I originally set up the Parallels 13 on my Mac and had Windows Enterprise installed in a VM with this same ISO. It worked flawlessly for well over a year. Sometime throughout that year upgraded Parallels to 14. Still worked flawlessly. Recently had to take the MacBook into Apple Store to have keyboard replaced...they broke the motherboard and replaced it. Now I have essentially brand-new MacBook. Installed Parallels and it says my license is used on another, chose the option to proceed and deactivate the o0ld one (which no longer exists). Just trying to get it set up again and finding no fun.
Short history....I originally set up the Parallels 13 on my Mac and had Windows Enterprise installed in a VM with this same ISO. It worked flawlessly for well over a year. Sometime throughout that year upgraded Parallels to 14. Still worked flawlessly. Recently had to take the MacBook into Apple Store to have keyboard replaced...they broke the motherboard and replaced it. Now I have essentially brand-new MacBook. Installed Parallels and it says my license is used on another, chose the option to proceed and deactivate the o0ld one (which no longer exists). Just trying to get it set up again and finding no fun.