iPad Client

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by enaran, Apr 9, 2010.

1. DVTSVito

DVTSVito Guest

2X IPAD/IPHONE client now on ITUNES
    will be testing!

2. zippo

zippo Pro

IPhone and iPad client now available

Please note that some features will work only with v9 which will soon be released as a beta.
    You can connect to 2X ASLB b8.1, 2X VDS v8.1 or standard terminal server.

3. aeker

aeker Bit poster

The Client-App works pretty fine in our environment!

What will be the Features than can be used with Version 9?

4. RajputSmurf

RajputSmurf Junior Member

I like what I see so far. I'm able to easily navigate all our apps and the only hitch I ran into was a little buginess with a bluetooth keyboard. An excellent app for our needs.

5. zippo

zippo Pro

Some features with VDS v9

1. Automatic keyboard opening on input fields
    2. Better shell integration when deploying Published applications (e.g. on screen tray icons)
    3. When the last published application is closed, the sessions takes 25 seconds to close. In v9 the clientgoes back to the application listing after 3 seconds.

6. zippo

zippo Pro

Please explain in more detail your issue. If you contact support we will be more than glad to help you.

7. jaapvddries

jaapvddries Guest

It's really good, specially for a first product!
    I like the mouse-approach, you can handle the mouse quite precise!
    Maybe you can improve the full screen behaviour, now I have always the toolbar in the bottom (keyboard, mouse, exit) and the window is laying under that. Maybe a tiny button at the extreme left or right to hide/show the toolbar?
    Good to see you are already working for some progress in a new version.

8. aeker

aeker Bit poster

For the next Version:

It would be nice if the scrolling fields in Applications (Word for example) could be controlled with touch gestures and not with the build-in mouse...

9. RajputSmurf

RajputSmurf Junior Member

Sorry, should have clarified. Using an Apple bluetooth keyboard, the Tab and F-keys do not function in our published apps. One app uses Tab to advance through entry fields and another uses F4 for field lookups so they're not deal-breaking issues but somewhat inconvenient. I'll start a support ticket.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Just loaded it on an ipad. Configuration took about 1 minute. Works very well, sent a couple emails from outlook over it. Nice and fast, good mouse and keyboard. Will be contacting my customers over this. :p

This is pretty big news and should be plastered all over your main page.

11. mlederman

mlederman Guest

Ok, I just want to tip my hat to the 2x folks. The new ipad app is awesome. Their first release is more polished than any other RDP app I've seen and easily on par with the Citrix app. The unique way of handling mouse input is the best method I've seen in any app and caused me to immediately remove every other RDP app. This app rocks!

If you have a list of features for new development, I have one big suggestion. If its possible for the 2x app to make use of a bluetooth mouse, it would be huge. With a bluetooth mouse and keyboard this app on the ipad could replace a desktop.

12. macdev

macdev Guest

Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately Apple currently doesn't provide means for iOS applications to use bluetooth mouse in a legitimate way to pass AppStore review procedures.

Regards,

13. cocochen

cocochen Guest

Just wondering if there is an iPad Client app in the works?
    It seems that there are a few RDP clients out there that work just fine but i'm guessing a 2X Client on the iPad would be awesome.

14. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

15. Motten

Motten Guest

Just loaded it on an ipad. Configuration took about 1 minute. Works very well, sent a couple emails from outlook over it. Nice and fast, good mouse and keyboard. Will be contacting my customers over this.

16. Motten

Motten Guest

Just loaded it on an ipad. Configuration took about 1 minute. Works very well, sent a couple emails from outlook over it. Nice and fast, good mouse and keyboard. Will be contacting my customers over this.