Issues with Windows 10 explorer running Parallels v13.0.1

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Lluis1, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Lluis1

Lluis1 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm having trouble using Windows 10 on Parallels. Until now, I was using Parallels v11 (I have been using it for 1 year with no problems), but suddenly W10 stop working correctly. Concretely, Windows Explorer is not loading the Windows Menu fine, althogh being in the desktop, and also, the programs don't work.

I updated Parallels to v13.0.1 because maybe it could have been a reported and corrected bug, but it still does not work.

I have also managed to reload the explorer app, but still not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Bill Standen

Bill Standen Member

If you're talking about the Start Menu, I'm getting similar problems.

The straight list of applications works but the Settings button and the various tiles break at some point. Only "fix" I've found is to do a complete reset, removing files, and setting up a new user in Windows. It lasts maybe a day if I'm lucky before it's broken again.

3. Lluis1

Lluis1 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm sorry to read that. I will try to do the same, but a day of duration does not compensate the effort to reset the user...

I tried to do this: https://www.tenforums.com/general-s...ngs-immersivecontrolpanel-repair-rebuild.html but it doesn't work perfectly fine. It freezes for some time and then the icons appear, making the OS perfectly usable during some minutes. Then "Windows Explorer" fails again and the icons disappear.

Good luck!

4. KurtW2

KurtW2 Bit poster

I'm having a similar issue ... I believe it started after a windows system update. It is consistent for Parallels 12 and 13. Any advice on a fix?