iWeb (apple) problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KeesG, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Nini Facchini

Nini Facchini Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I am running Version 15.1.5 (47309)
    Thanks and Regards,
    Antonio

2. YannisA1

YannisA1 Bit poster

Hi
    I run latest Parallels Desktop for Mac
    Version 16.1.0 (48950)

I did a test with 10.14 and 10.13 within a VM (installation went very easy and fast). But i encountered the same issue as the other members. Iweb starts but all the pages are blank (but the content seems ok, because i did an publish on a local directory, and the site is ok).
    I tried to change the display settings (higher and lower resolution, and higher display memory) but still the same problem?
    How can we get riden of this problem?
    Thanks
    Regards

3. Nini Facchini

Nini Facchini Bit poster

Hi,
    so for what has stated @YannissA1 there is no sense for me to upgrade to version 16 because the problem still remains.
    Waiting for some possible solutions/workaround or something to test.

Thanks and Regards

4. gaviny

gaviny Bit poster

This problem still isn't fixed in Version 16.1.2 (49151). I have reinstalled iLife '11 in my VM running MacOS 10.8.5 so I can continue to use iWeb, deleted iWeb preferences and cache files, but still get blank pages in the iWeb editing interface. The site publishes to disk and looks fine in Safari. I just can't edit without seeing what I am doing. This appears to be a Parallels issue since iWeb was working fine in Mojave on my MacPro before I moved it to the VM. Was hoping to update the MP to BigSur and still have iWeb working. Looks like another solution is needed since this most likely won't get fixed in Parallels.

5. PhilipT2

PhilipT2 Bit poster

iWeb requires full 'quartz extreme' support which running in a parallels vm doesn't allow - hence you only get a blank when trying to view iweb content. I have not found any workaround this.

gaviny likes this.
  6. PhilipT2

PhilipT2 Bit poster

gaviny likes this.