Kinect 2 and Parallels Desktop 15

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by YSG, Sep 5, 2019.

1. YSG

YSG Bit Poster

Hello,
    I wanted to know if Kinect 2 worked with Parallels Desktop 15 (this version supports DirectX 11)? Should Catalina be installed or is Mojave enough on my MBP?

Best regards.

2. YSG

YSG Bit Poster

With Kinect Configuration Verifier, I've this message : "Checks your usb controllers for kinect for windows V2 compatibility. Supported USB 3 port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware.".
    I've a MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14, Parallels Desktop 15.
    Could you explain me what i've to do to use my Kinect 2 on my VM?
    Best regards.

3. YSG

YSG Bit Poster

Ok, i've found an other thing more specific : "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0" can't start.
    Therefore on Bootcamp it's start, but not with Parallels Desktop 15 and Bootcamp as my VM...
    Do I have to wait for macOS15 for PD15 to recognize my kinect 2 and WDF KinectSensor Interface 0 to work?

Thanks for your help.

4. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

@YSG , could you reproduce the issue and generate the tech.report right after that? Please post the report ID here for the further issue investigation.

5. YSG

YSG Bit Poster

Thanks for your help.
    PD assistant told me to wait Catalina and my Kinect 2 (and then DirectX11) will work. So i wait.

6. Maria@Parallels

Thanks for sharing this, but if it's possible and if you have time for it, please collect the tech.report, it will help us to find the rooy cause of the issue before the Catalina release.

7. YSG

YSG Bit Poster

Ok, this is the ID report : 321763817
    Best regards.

8. Maria@Parallels

Great! Thank you very much. We will involve Parallels Engineering team in this case for the issue investigation.