If I launch a Windows (exe) application from OS X with a Parallels 3 environment that has a single Windows 2000 VM, nothing happens. I am under the impression that doing this should launch the VM and run the Windows application in it.
I checked the file association for exe files in Finder by right-clicking on an exe file and clicking Get Info. For some reason, the application associated with exe's was Firefox.app. I tried setting it to open with my Windows 2000 VM, but it was greyed out because it's not an application. Then I tried setting it to open with the Parallels application but this caused an error: "Unable to open VM configuration file... etc." because Parallels is expecting a configuration file, not an exe.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Scott
I checked the file association for exe files in Finder by right-clicking on an exe file and clicking Get Info. For some reason, the application associated with exe's was Firefox.app. I tried setting it to open with my Windows 2000 VM, but it was greyed out because it's not an application. Then I tried setting it to open with the Parallels application but this caused an error: "Unable to open VM configuration file... etc." because Parallels is expecting a configuration file, not an exe.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Scott