Leopard 10.5.3

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by aderium, May 30, 2008.

1. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

1. If you read through this entire thread, the method that I just described to you is what everybody uses to fix this.

2. It has always been recommended to always do the above to avoid problems when upgrading.

2. espana

espana Junior Member

Do you know how to downgrade to previous stable version? Is it difficult?

3. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

I'm not sure where you would get a previous version, but I find 5608 to be stable. Many others do as well.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Just replied, see private messages

5. espana

espana Junior Member

Thank you. please read my reply.

6. John@Parallels

What version old do you need?

7. espana

espana Junior Member

Can you recommend one that video is working fine? Also, will the new key works?

8. John@Parallels

I meet this problem (video flickering on Tiger first time), what was old version?

9. espana

espana Junior Member

I do not have it handy. It is about 2AM here in Hong Kong. I need to take a look tomorrow. He bought his Mac like a year ago. His parallels came with his computer. So it must be a year old at least. As for Mac, he is running OS-X 10.4.11, together with Windows XP Home (SP2) under PD. Thanks again.

Don't know what to do now...

10. espana

espana Junior Member

I read through the entire video flickering thread. I believe that someone was having the same problem under OS-X 10.4.x...

11. espana

espana Junior Member

One more thing, if I un-install parallel tools, and restart VM. Video did work fine (prior to installing parallels tools). Once installed and rebooted, it started to flicker.

12. John@Parallels

13. espana

espana Junior Member

14. John@Parallels

I have sent you instructions already

15. espana

espana Junior Member

So the upgrade instructions applied to downgrade as well? Can i use the same 3.0 product key? Thank you so much.

16. John@Parallels

Yes, instructions are the same, just do not forget to reinstall Parallels Tools, as for key, if you install on of referred versions, key is the same

17. espana

espana Junior Member

Do I need to reinstall windows/xp after downgraded?

18. John@Parallels

Only if you have SP3 installed

19. espana

espana Junior Member

First of all, I would like to thank those who has been helping me over the past 24 hours. Without you, I don't think I can get the system back up again. Now, the story:

I was able to get a stable system with 5160 build, 5608 and 5582 just did not work (still flickering very badly)... When I was installing those builds, I did follow all the recommended uninstall/install procedures John@Parallels and another gentleman sent me.

Despite the installation was successful, and I was able to get office running, I am having some other networking problems. Specifically, when i was on bridge mode, Ehternet almost always works but I had great difficulty to get WIFI connected or, shall I say, DHCP'ed successfully. I had tried disable/enable both windows and mac's network interface, to no avail.

That said, under shared networking mode, it seems both ehternet and wifi were working ok until it resumed from sleep mode. At which time, I nearly has to reboot windows to get things back to normal.

Are these know issues? Any suggestion as to how to fix them? By the way, I can confirm that both 5608 and 5582 worked fine on our other iMacs+10.5.3/4+3GB Ram, etc.

Here is some background of the Mac in question:

1) OS = 10.4.11
    2) Macbook pro 17" + 2GB RAM
    3) Windows XP (Home) + Office 2003, etc.

20. John@Parallels

The situation is following.
    When Windows goes back from StandBy or Hibernate mode it doesn't restore network connection, this is Microsoft design