License Key attached to different account, cannot activate purchased key?

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Kevin14, May 31, 2017.

1. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @ivanr10, we have sent you a DM, please check and share the details to assist you further. thanks

2. ivanr10

ivanr10 Bit poster

Hi Nazeem,
    Thanks for your reply. Our IT was able to open a ticket and the issue was solved yesterday. The issue was, we purchased more than one licence at once and all those licences were assigned to the purchase email address and not to the single user account. The support assigned the single licences to the correct accounts and things are working again smoothly.

Nevertheless, thank you for your effort.

3. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

4. Antonio32

Antonio32 Bit poster

Hi,
    Apple changed the motherboard of the my mac for hardware issue.
    Now, when try to register the key that my company purchesed for me, i receve the error "The key is associated to another account", but I sure that use this account, in fact i see the old license. Can you help me?

5. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    We have sent you a private message to request for additional information to proceed further with your request.
    Thank you.

6. WilkieE

WilkieE Bit poster

Hello, trying to install Parallels desktop on a new Mac, I enter de upgrade key and then it ask me for the previous key, the previous key is from a cd I received, after telling to activate on this Mac it then says that the key is from a different account, can you please help me.
    Thanks

7. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,
    We have sent you a private message to request for additional information to proceed further with your request.
    Thank you.

8. VidyaW

VidyaW Bit poster

I have the same problem,
    It says "This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again". But i used the same email address.

9. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Thank you.

10. HS_

HS_ Bit poster

I too have this problem.Upgraded to v18 from 17. paid my upgrade money and told to get updated Licence that will work with the v18. It appears I am being forced to buy a FULL NEW version!
    Can I have my money back or can you send me the new licence No. please?? ASAP, as I need to use it for my job! (or I will have to get a NEW Computer!

11. HS_

HS_ Bit poster

Further to last ...
    OR buy the upgrade AGAIN. not overly happy at this moment.

12. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,
    Thank you.

13. VidyaW

VidyaW Bit poster

I have the same problem,
    It says "This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again". But i used the same email address.

14. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,
    Thank you.

15. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello VidyaW,

Thank you for the provided information.

Please note that your current Parallels Desktop subscription is registered under the email address vid*******@gmail.com

Please use it to sig into Parallels Desktop and then activate with the new key.

Thanks

16. PatriciaN

PatriciaN Bit poster

The account my license key was attached too is not accessible anymore, but I am still logged in on my mac. Can I get my key transferred over to my current email?

17. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,
    Thank you.

18. VincentL14

VincentL14 Bit poster

Hello @Avinash Bundhoo,
    I'm facing the same issue. I'm using another macbook to login and it keeps saying the license is attached to another email account. Could you please help me?
    Thank you very much!

19. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello,
    Kindly check your personal message.
    Regards,

20. teak

teak Bit poster

Hello. I am Japanese and do not speak English very well, so I use a translation tool to write my text.
    I just bought a new Mac and tried to install Parallels Desktop, but I got an error at the key activation and could not proceed.

The text of the error:
    "This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again."

I would like to be able to use the key for my account.

Attached Files: