License key previous version not accepted

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jjt, Nov 11, 2008.

1. darrinsden

darrinsden Junior Member

i know you guys are probably busy with a fair number of support emails but "soon" has been since 9:30 this morning.

Not faulting you for these issues, but it is pretty frustrating to have lost a full days of work with no real end in sight.

2. lmac87

lmac87 Bit poster

Update from Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac to 4.0

Hello,

I'm a german user of Parallels. I've purchased the german version of Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac with a free option for an upgrade to 4.0.

I feel a bit strange about the upgrade process: I need my permanent product key for 3.0 and an upgrade key for 4.0 to upgrade, but neither on the Parallels webpage nor on my account is any helpfull information left.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Did you create ticket in Support?

4. paneque

paneque Junior Member

i have not created ticket in support how do i go doing so?

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

6. Intruder

Intruder Bit poster

Don't put the hyphens in the old key when you enter it.

That's what worked for me when I entered the 2.2 key.

7. lmac87

lmac87 Bit poster

I did, but I think the team is busy so I'm trying to get help otherwise.

8. cortig

cortig Member

Same problem here and I wrote through the page you mentioned.
    In addition, I bought two Parallels 4.0 upgrades and even though the invoice numbers are different, the serial number I got was identical…

Corentin

9. cortig

cortig Member

I just received new serial numbers :)

10. lmac87

lmac87 Bit poster

And I am waiting...

11. darrinsden

darrinsden Junior Member

well at least we know there is help coming :) though it may take a bit

12. lmac87

lmac87 Bit poster

Yes and that's okay if they have a lot of work to do. But as a german customer I don't know if I'll get any help... the german Parallels site isn't localized really.

13. srx04

srx04 Bit poster

A bird in hand is better than .....

I'll wait to the last possible second to upgrade...maybe even longer :)

Good luck all!

14. cortig

cortig Member

Did you submit a ticket??

15. lmac87

lmac87 Bit poster

Yes I did. And I've sent them my invoice + product key...

16. dragonhh

dragonhh Bit poster

Send a Ticket 24 hours ao and it still in unread. Thats a wonderful support.

17. xeen3d

xeen3d Junior Member

Very good Produkt very good Support

Iam sitting at work now since 4 hours yesterday i opend a ticket why ? my serial (a real key it works with my parallels 3.x very good) i told the support in my ticket that i dont play with my parrales i work with it i earn money with my work.

what shit programm first deletes the working installation second convert machienes ant third dont accept license and the very best off all the little one Email with an woring key the parallels company cand do this within xx hours

I NEED HELP NOW NOT TOMORROW I MUST WORK HERE ARE MANX CUSTOMERS HO WAITING FOR ME !!!!!!

yes i have make a ticket at support but is unread.

18. xeen3d

xeen3d Junior Member

I have found the Problem out i purchaset at paralles.de iam german with a German parallels 3.0 i get a downloadlink and Upgrade key for an english version, i downloadet the german version and the upgrade key dont work i think in the english version my german 3.0 license dont work

when i purchase in a german online shop i dont will buy a english parallels i think if i wont an english i dont use a german shop so i need a german update key i hope somone read this from support.

19. darrinsden

darrinsden Junior Member

Last night I had received an email containing my 2.5 key, so everything is up and running great. one issue with the network adaptor not being found, but a reboot fixed that.

20. dragonhh

dragonhh Bit poster

Yes, that's the problem. As we german user bought it via the german site, we all got the link to the english version an the key for the englisch version. But the support now tells us, that only german 3.0 version could be upgraded with german 4.0 versions. that´s the problem. we never got the right key. so we need a new key for our german orders. but the support isn't answering and solving this problem.