Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks for your feedback Greg! We do not have an option to remove the brand color as it represents our Brand. However, we have an option to hide Parallels icon from menu bar by following the steps mentioned below:PLEASE remove all colour from ALL Parallels menu bar icons including Parallels and Parallels toolbox and respect OS X visual conventions. I do not want your brand colour creating visual noise on my menu bar.
Your feedback will be forwarded to the management. Please get back to us for any further queries.I appreciate the response Paul. Please convey to your design, branding and management teams that while this may seem like a minor detail it is the kind of design decision which creates ill will amongst your customers. MY menu bar is not a space that I wish to hand over to PARALLELS' branding, it is not an ad space for Parallels.
The decision to make the solution to this problem a user preference is a curious one. The parallels brand colour is apparently so important that the Parallels team would rather that I hide the icon and functionality entirely rather than allow me to display a brand-less icon. To me, this tells a story of company that cannot get their act together. Some obstinate executive has mandated that the menu bar icon has to have the brand colour in it and some developer has had to sneak in a pref because a bunch of people are complaining about the icon. So, now I have to use a user setting as a tool toggle (which is not the purpose of user settings) whenever I want the convenience of menu bar functionality. So, users get a workaround instead of a simple to solve, next to zero technical cost solution of replacing the offending icon. The fact that the actual icon is hidden from the resources folder of the app means that someone is being a complete control freak instead of listening to users. This does not add up to a great user experience.
Anyway Paul, I know that this is not your decision to make as the intrepid support guy but please pass on to the team that the purpose of a brand is to make people feel connected to your company, not irritate them every time they look at it. You stated, "we do not have an option to remove the brand color"... well, actually, while I don't have the option to remove it the company that you are working for DOES.