MetaTrader 5 Running on latest version of Parallels and Windows 11 running on M1 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RodrigoM13, Nov 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. JonA9

JonA9 Bit poster

How did you solve it?
    thank you in advance, Jon

2. aleksandr53

aleksandr53 Bit poster

I am having an issue similar to this,
    I had the exact same issue, and when I downloaded the version parallels gave us - it worked fine.

However I have just got a MBP and switched my parallels license to it.

I download MT5 from the link you guys gave, and it doesn't seem to have any network capability? It doesn't log in to account, and when I try to log in to even MQL5 community it says login failed, but I can log in on a browser fine to the community? Just not in MT5

NabilaA1 likes this.
  3. NabilaA1

NabilaA1 Bit poster

same issue here, i hope there is a way around

Fabian9 likes this.
  4. NabilaA1

NabilaA1 Bit poster

I hope this might help somebody or let the developers pinpoint the cause but i noticed if you downloaded the last version of wine (7.7) on macOS (monterey 12.6.6 in my case) you can install the EXE(windows) version of MT5(build 3780) by right on the MT5.exe then open with wine then it'll run with no issues and full network/login capabilities.

5. ChK1

ChK1 Bit poster

I could install with your link the mt5. but I can't login in my icmarkets account with that mt5.

NurdiansyahN and Fabian9 like this.
  6. MOHAMMEDA27

MOHAMMEDA27 Bit poster

Please let me know if anyone succeeded to install it correctly.
    I won't Purchase new license until this issue fixed.

7. MarcoS26

MarcoS26 Bit poster

can you hurry up on this? this is realy blocking me...

8. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Let me clarify since Metatrader previously worked on Windows 11 build 22000 and after updating Windows as well as Metatrader, Application stopped working, we recommend you to contact Metatrader technical support.

9. ChK1

ChK1 Bit poster

Thanks for help. I can't find the MT technical support address. Can you please help me with that

10. MarcoS26

MarcoS26 Bit poster

Allow me to clarify - Metatrader is installable on all other systems except on Parallels with Apple Silicon. Would this then be considered a Parallels issue or a Metatrader issue? I am contacting Parallels because I have purchased software that is not functioning as expected.

11. MarcoS26

MarcoS26 Bit poster

IMPORTANT

I have a workaround for those who are stuck with this issue.

• Download the Metatrader from here. You will notice that the wrong broker is preconfigured, but that's not a problem for now.
      • Install the latest update of Metatrader by going to "Help" and selecting "Check for Updates." Metatrader will download the newest version without requiring the installer.
      • Download the Metatrader specific to your broker and install it on a different Windows computer.
      • Now, search for the file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal?!?!?!?!?!?!\config\server.dat on the computer you used to install the broker. Replace this file on your M1 system. Now you should be able to log in to your broker again.

12. ChK1

ChK1 Bit poster

marco !!! thank you so much. it really works <3

13. MaximilianK3

MaximilianK3 Bit poster

Thank you very much! you have saved me. Because of this great support answer, you saved me from buying a new windows laptop.
    You sir have earned a cookie <3

14. ArchadB

ArchadB Bit poster

Hello,

Your solution worked.
    I don't know if I'm the only one but once login to my broker with your solution, I can login to the MQL Market/community....
    upload_2023-6-15_18-5-43.png

15. MOHAMMEDA27

MOHAMMEDA27 Bit poster

I successfully installed MT5 on my MacBook Pro with M1 chip, but can't login to my trading account..!
    Help guys.
    You can download the MT5 version working for me from here

16. AlexU2

AlexU2 Bit poster

I also successfully installed MT5 from this installer on MacBook Pro with M1 Pro, but can't find my broker in the list and log in. Also can't log in to MQL community site and marketplace.

17. MobinZ

MobinZ Bit poster

anu solutions?

18. MobinZ

MobinZ Bit poster

Unfortunately it doesnt help with signing in to mql5 community so we can not use mt5 market.

YuraT likes this.
  19. JonA9

JonA9 Bit poster

No solutions that are easy, you can make the solution mentioned to work but it's a hassle... Running it on other WMs is currently the only option.

MobinZ likes this.
  20. Terry13

Terry13 Bit poster

I purchased a licence just to work with only one app - MT5. And it does not work as expected. Installer doesnt work, MQL5 also doesnt work (when installed from your custom link). Your solution requires another windows PC - but why do you think people purchase Parallels if they have another pc? So, please resolve this issue as highest priority.

AlexU2 likes this.