MetaTrader 5 Running on latest version of Parallels and Windows 11 running on M1 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RodrigoM13, Nov 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    Please note the issue is unrelated to any Parallels Desktop issues; the application has issues running on Arm platform. Kindly reach out to the MetaTrader Support Team for assistance.

2. Terry13

Terry13 Bit poster

Metatrader 5 build 3815 runs through Playonmac on the same machine (on arm platform), where it doesnt with Parallels. So, logically, where is an issue?

3. Terry13

Terry13 Bit poster

UPD Your suggested workaround with older MT5 build and following updating not working as well. Because it installs, but that all its network functions dont work, as a result it can not even check for updates. And without working network it is useless, event an older build.

4. DannyR5

DannyR5 Bit poster

hi , also have same issue , but i finally make it worked
    you should downloda the metatrader instalation file using the browser inside the parallel windows ,
    i download the metatrader file using google chrome inside the parallel desktop
    hope it make sense and understandable . pardon for my english

5. AdamR21

AdamR21 Bit poster

Hello, I am also experiencing the 0xc0000017 error when trying to open MT5 on my 2022 Macbook Pro M2 Max.

I've attached a screenshot of the error and have generated a technical report : # 431930094

I was able to download the generic version of MT5 from this link you provided on pg2 of this thread, however, I am unable to login into my brokerage account as I need to use MT5 specific to my brokerage.

When I try to download the MT5 specific to my broker is when I get the error. Here is the link to the broker I am using where I must download the Eightcap-specific MT5 platform for me to be able to trade: https://www.eightcap.com/en/platforms/metatrader-5/download/

Can you please help me with this? I had no problems with downloading and using Eightcap MT5 just over a month ago on my older computer, but I can't get it to work on my new one.

Attached Files:

6. DavidC120

DavidC120 Bit poster

Hi, just wondering if anyone has made progress with the 0xc0000017 issue? Steps I have taken so far:
    1. Used the workaround Marco provided earlier using the prior version file and replacing the .dat files. This worked but I could not sign in to MQL5 as others have reported. Strangely, I tried to update the app for the latest version and the latest beta and am now showing build 3815 as current, even though the 'Journal' indicated the updates did not work.
    2. Set up VM Fusion Player and tried to install MT5 from my broker but got the same 0xc0000017 issue. This set up did use the Windows ISO from Parallels
    3. Tried other brokers MT5 but the same
    Any updates would be appreciated.

7. AdamR21

AdamR21 Bit poster

I had a full hour-long call with a parallel support technician that used remote access controls to check in on this for me.

The summary of everything is that the new generation MacBook Pros are 'too good' and many brokerages don't have a version of MT5 to support the M2 operating system, or the Windows version needed to run on M2 through parallels. The support technician used the analogy of Apple having switched to USB-C ports instead of having normal USB ports, USB-C ports are technically better, but not many companies have created products compatible yet with USB-C and you must buy adapters.

Some brokerages have created a new version of broker-specific MT5 download that does support this, but others like my brokerage Eightcap, have not.

8. AmosM1

AmosM1 Bit poster

Have you gotten any help or a way around this?

9. AmosM1

AmosM1 Bit poster

because i have the same issue too

Attached Files:

10. AlexU2

AlexU2 Bit poster

I Parallels Desktop, Windows 11, MT5 and it now works!

11. HungP4

HungP4 Bit poster

How to install MT5? I'm using windows 11.

12. RIQUELMET

RIQUELMET Bit poster

Merci a toi AdamR21, j'ai pu réinstaller mon MT5 et il s'est connecter a mon courtier, pour info je suis chez Admiral Market.

13. TheOfficialUnlocks.

TheOfficialUnlocks. Bit poster

I'm facing the same issue. I am buying Parallel for this purpose only.

14. DominikM5

DominikM5 Bit poster

15. EmreA1

EmreA1

Has anyone found a fix for this problem??

16. AndersS2

AndersS2 Bit poster

I fixed my issue. Here is how I did it:
    1. Download the generic version of MT5 from on page 2
    2. Open the MT5 and look on the lefthand side navigator. Here you find accounts -> right click and select open an account
    3. Find your company and click next and connect with existing trading account
    That should let you connect your account. It did for me.
    Hope its going to work for you guys

17. RomainC2

RomainC2 Bit poster

The first time I download the MT5 from the link that is shared, it works perfectly.
    However, I have clicked on "Update" when MT5 proposed which is a huge mistake and now, it's not working anymore.
    I uninstalled and installed again, but now, even with the link, the MT5 version is 4011. Is there is a possibility to upload again the correct version in the link?
    Thank you !

18. TomaszB6

TomaszB6 Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue. After the update, the app crashed and reinstall didn't help. The MT5 app starts but I cannot connect to any broker.

19. TomaszB6

TomaszB6 Bit poster

I have successfully managed to make it work and here is how I did it:
    1. Install Metatrader on the other device (not Mac).
    2. Copy Metatrader files (from Program Files and AppData directories) to your Mac.
    3. Install Metatrader using the installation file from the following link https://fe.parallels.com/7ed5e7078e75321483514d2396af387a/

20. Gilles1

Gilles1 Bit poster