Mouse Cursor Flickering All The Time

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by OguzhanV, Nov 18, 2018.

1. RyanS8

RyanS8 Bit Poster

How do you uninstall Parallels? I'm exploring the package contents and do not see an uninstaller.

2. MattF1

MattF1 Bit Poster

Mac Finder > Applications > drag Parallels to trash.

RyanS8 likes this.
  3. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

@MattF1 thanks a lot for sharing info about reinstalling Parallels Desktop as an solution for the issue. But as I understand your mouse still flicking?
    @RyanS8 what about you? Does the Parallels re-installation help you?

4. MartinP3

MartinP3 Bit Poster

Currently on Mojave 10.14.4 Beta (18E174f) and no flicker. But it will probably not last ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. RyanS8

RyanS8 Bit Poster

The uninstall / reinstall worked! Fingers crossed this holds. FYI I'm running Parallels 11.2.3. Thanks for the help!

MattF1 likes this.
  6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

7. MattF1

MattF1 Bit Poster

It just flickers once, no big deal as there is no impact on the mouse click actually getting registered. I consider my issue resolved.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. MattF1

MattF1 Bit Poster

I'm sad to report back that after two days, my cursor flickering issue has returned.

9. CurtisW2

CurtisW2 Bit Poster

I am also having the same issue (and have for a while). I only came here because it recently started getting excruciatingly slow (5-8 seconds until I can use the cursor). I'm running Parallels 14.1.1, Windows 10 (latest), Mojave 10.14.3. I tried everything on this post, and the only thing that helped was reinstalling parallels (not parallels tools).

The sad news is, the flickering still persists, however it flickers much quicker so it is less noticeable and becomes usable in about 1-2 seconds.

Update: it appears that the CPU (or graphics?) usage of the guest OS affects the speed of the flicker.. while in use, I'm still seeing the flickering for 3-5 seconds.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  10. DanielS36

DanielS36

I am having this same exact problem. It is basically halting all my work in Windows. I use Parallels to run AutoCAD LT in Windows 10. It was working fine until about a week ago. Now whenever I start up a VM session, AutoCAD is basically useless because the mouse continuously flickers between Mac and Windows cursor.

- I upgraded to the newest version of Parallels.
    - I un-installed and re-installed Parallels
    - I un-installed and re-installed Parallels Tools
    - I changed the mouse settings to both "Auto-detect for Games" and "Don't optimize for games"
    - I changed the mouse settings inside Windows per ticket 116990. (Make from standard windows scheme to another, does not fix. Change back, does not fix.)

Please help! I cannot use Parallels VM at all to do any work with this issue!

11. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks a lot for the detailed description. Please reproduce the issue and generate the problem report right after that. Check this article for more info about the report and reply us back with the report ID.