Mouse Cursor is HUGE

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by khaosspawn, Nov 19, 2021.

1. khaosspawn

khaosspawn Bit Poster

Hi There,
    I upgraded my parallels 16 to 17 and now the cursor in windows is huge! I've reinstalled parallels tools - restarted numerous times - with no effect. Any advice would be appreciated. This is really difficult to work with as it stands.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.31.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.36.18 AM.png

2. khaosspawn

khaosspawn Bit Poster

It seems like it's 3 times the size it should be.

I've tried to put it into coherence - and back out - no luck.

3. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello @khaosspawn , please follow the steps Open the Mouse pointer window by navigating to Windows Start Menu > PC Settings > Ease of Access > Mouse pointer. You can change your pointer size by dragging the slider under Change pointer size. Choose a pointer size from 1 to 15, where 1 is the default size. please let us know is the issue still persist. Thanks, Parallels Team.

4. AlexH27

AlexH27

Hi @GampaA@Parallels, there is something else going on here besides changing the cursor in windows settings. Mine is already at the minimum size in windows yet still huge!

5. RickC6

RickC6

I was able to fix this by setting View->Retina Resolution from Scaled to Best for Retina display.

6. x86Virtualization

x86Virtualization

Thank you for sharing,

On my 2020 Macbook Air M1, running MacOS 12.2 Beta and Parallels 17.1.1 the only way for me to have a normal sized cursor was to set it to "scaled" under the view -> Retina Resolution menu, but very happy it was able to reset the size.

7. khaosspawn

khaosspawn Bit Poster

The only way I can resolve this is to do the opposite. From Best for Retina to Scaled. It looks awful and jagged - but at least the cursor is not huge.