.Net Framework 3.5 not installing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by YairM, Feb 4, 2017.

1. YairM

YairM Bit poster

Hello, I have a program needing .Net Framework 3.5 to work, but when the "On Demand" installation process starts, it's stuck on "Downloading" and not progressing at all. I've tried installing it directly from Command Prompt as described here but I'm getting the following error:
    "Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found."
    I've also pretty much followed all the instructions described in this thread, down the looking at the "Turn Windows features on or off" section in "Programs and Features" and seeing that the version 4 is properly installed.
    I am, however, unwilling to follow the solutions he finally came up with - reinstalling his windows - at least at the moment.
    Is there any solution for this that I haven't been able to find online so far?
    Please advise

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

3. YairM

YairM Bit poster

Great! that worked like a charm, I ended up downloading the .NET Framework directly from here and it simply installed while the windows was isolated!

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. SebastienB1

SebastienB1 Bit poster

I'm struggling with this. I keep getting 0x800f081f.
    • I isolated Windows from Mac
    • I tried installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Demand,
    • I tried enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel,
    • I downloaded the .NET Framework 3.5 installer, both the small one, and the full 197 MB one,
    Even the full installer, *still* prompts me "Download and install this feature", as if there was *more* to download. Then it fails again, with 0x800f081f. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter as an Admin, it didn't find any problems.

Frustrating.

6. KamilK2

KamilK2 Bit poster

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi SebastienB1, the .NET Framework is an integral part of many applications running on Windows and provides common functionality for those applications to run. For developers, the .NET Framework provides a consistent programming model for building applications.

You can enable the .NET Framework 3.5 yourself through Control Panel. This option requires an Internet connection.
    Press the Windows key Windows logo on your keyboard, type Windows Features, and press Enter. This brings up the Turn Windows features on or off dialog box. Alternately, open Control Panel, click on the Programs items, and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" under Programs and Features.
    Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK, and reboot your computer if prompted.

8. DavidB62

DavidB62 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue -
    I have a working internet connection but it can't download the net 3.5 files.
    When I download them directly from Microsoft and run the exe file it returns me to the 'download files' page and gets stuck again.
    I'm running 64 bit windows 8.1
    Can someone help?