Netflix Windows 11 app crashes when playing downloaded content

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JanlucG, Sep 6, 2022.

1. JanlucG

JanlucG Bit poster

Hi,
    I am running Parallels Desktop 18 on a M1 Pro MBP. I can watch Netflix on the Netflix Windows 11 app and I can download content, but I can't watch downloaded content. The app crashes every time. It's very frustrating. Does anyone know how to make this work?

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Best Answer
    Hello!
    First of all, we do understand the issue is annoying but actually the issue can't be fixed from our side and requires an input from Microsoft.
    Kindly open Microsoft Feedback Hub and add your vote to have the issue fixed sooner: https://aka.ms/AAn0zib.

3. DanielR39

DanielR39 Bit poster

Hi there,
    Did you ever figure out a way to get downloads to work? I'm having the same exact issue.

4. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Are you serious?

Does anyone have a thoughtful and real solution? This is very frustrating. I guess it's an improvement from a few months back, when we couldn't even play content.

wasifR likes this.
  5. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

I have opened a ticket with Parallel's support through FB Messenger. They claim this issue was fixed, but my guess is they're talking about content being streamed (which was broken and is now fixed) vs. downloaded content (which still crashes Netflix.)

6. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We tested Netflix on a physical computer with an ARM processor (Microsoft Surface Pro X).

When testing, we got the same behavior as in the virtual machine.

From this, we can conclude that this application does not support ARM architecture.

We advise you to contact the Netflix support team to inquire about when the support for Windows ARM will be implemented.

7. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Interesting, does anyone here have an ARM Windows 11 PC and can confirm? I'm suspicious of this post, given that in the FB Messenger thread, I was told the problem was "resolved."

8. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

9. Pavel Merkulov

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

1. In a post on Reddit, the user replied that he had to turn off the wifi to start playback, which already indicates improper behavior.

2. Also, we have no information on what version of Windows he tested this scenario on.

In the near future, we will conduct additional testing on Stable Windows 11 and Insider Preview, as the behavior is different on different versions.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  10. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Huh? You're avoiding the issue. User turned off wifi to simulate the circumstances when one would watch downloads, when there is no internet connection. It's obvious Netflix downloads work for his ARM machine. Therefore your previois conclusion has been proven false.

11. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

12. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Dear BenjaminS18,
    Indeed, it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so we escalated it to the Development Team.
    Once there is a response from them - whether it is a request for additional information, a workaround or a permanent fix - we will let you know.
    We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.
    Should you have any additional questions, let us know.
    Have a wonderful week!

13. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Thank you, that is highly appreciated.

14. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Any update on this issue, which persists, despite recent uodates?

15. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Any update on this issue, which persists, despite recent uodates?

16. Pavel Merkulov

As for now, there are no news on this issue from our Development Team.

However, we have contacted the Development team and let them know again that you want this issue to be resolved faster.

Once we get any information, we will contact you.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a nice week!

17. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Thank you for the response, Pavel.

18. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Any update on this issue from the developers?

19. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

Any update on this issue?

milan4 and PieterG2 like this.
  20. AdamF11

AdamF11 Bit poster

I hope this is fixed its a simple issue that just needs the developer's time. Is there any update on the issue?

milan4 likes this.
  21. milan4

milan4 Bit poster

Hello, are there any news from the dev theam? Did they even start looking into it? Should we asume this is going to stay unresolved and look for another solution to watching offline netflix on non windows platforms? Thank you