New installation, new iMac - best configuration?
I am new to the mac, new to Parallels. I have an iMac dual core with 4 GB RAM, and I NEED to run some basic applications from my XP machine.
So given all the problems reported (hard for me to assess their relevance to my situation), what would be the best "green fields" setup you wold recommend?
I will NOT use Vista (Vista is the reason I am switching to a Mac!).
I have plenty of RAM
I did not yet install either Leopard (but I am determined to do so) or Parallels.
I would like to use Transporter to have my entire XP setup available.
- What build of Parallels should I use?
- If not the latest, where do I get the previous ones?
- should I install Parallels Before I upgrade to Leopard or after?
- Any settings in particular that I should use /tools to avoid until Parallels is updated to better work with Leopard?
Any help will be appreciate! I am literally sitting in-front of my iMac unable to proceed until I have answers to these questions... Searching for a couple of hours only got me more confused.
Ron
I am new to the mac, new to Parallels. I have an iMac dual core with 4 GB RAM, and I NEED to run some basic applications from my XP machine.
So given all the problems reported (hard for me to assess their relevance to my situation), what would be the best "green fields" setup you wold recommend?
I will NOT use Vista (Vista is the reason I am switching to a Mac!).
I have plenty of RAM
I did not yet install either Leopard (but I am determined to do so) or Parallels.
I would like to use Transporter to have my entire XP setup available.
- What build of Parallels should I use?
- If not the latest, where do I get the previous ones?
- should I install Parallels Before I upgrade to Leopard or after?
- Any settings in particular that I should use /tools to avoid until Parallels is updated to better work with Leopard?
Any help will be appreciate! I am literally sitting in-front of my iMac unable to proceed until I have answers to these questions... Searching for a couple of hours only got me more confused.
Ron
Last edited: