New Parallels update crashes windows when external webcam activated

NJRonbo

Member
My Logitech Ultravision webcam always worked well in Windows under
Parallels.

With the new update of Parallels it just stopped working despite the
fact that I had it selected under DEVICES.

What's worse is that I went to Logitech to download the newest drivers
and once I installed them and launched the webcam Windows just dumped
memory and crashed.

Anyone else having a similar problem?
 
Xenos,

I am at work so I can't look up the current version of Parallels I am using.

When was this update issued? I ask this because I downloaded the latest
version two days ago and that's when Windows started crashing.

Was this a known issue with the prior update?

Thanks for all your assistance.
 
NJRonbo, the build 5582.5 included the fixes for the devices that stopped working after the build 5580 but worked on 5160. Unfortunately these fixes has not been added to the latest builds - 5584 and 5592. So please try 5582.5.

Best regards,
Xenos
 
I did the downgrade to 5582.5

The activation of my webcam still causes the entire system to crash.

Never happened prior to the original upgrade and continues with
the downgrade.

My best hope is that these issues are fixed in the next build.

Thanks so much for your assistance.
 
Hello NJRonbo,

Could you please let me see a crash log? (~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Parallels.crash.log)

Best regards,
Xenos
 
Xenos,

Thank you so much for offering to assist.

How can I send you an email with attachment that will get your personal attention?
 
NJRonbo,

I've just sent you a letter on the address you used to register on the forum. Please attach the log when answering.

Best regards,
Xenos
 
I switched from Vista back to XP and no longer have the webcam crashes
within Parallels. However, I don't see that as a solution to a problem that
has continued to persist with the last few builds.
 
Well it's still an issue for me in xp environments last time I checked.
So far the staff on this forum don't seem to be terribly interested though.

If they "piped up" and said they're waiting to hear what I've observed...
Then I'd be more than happy to oblige!

-jed.
 
There are too many external USB cameras out there on market, and not all correctly are using twain interface.
Everyone who interested in to plug in external cameras, please post cameras model in this thread, we will try to find out solution
 
I'm using a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 and having this same problem. Apps such as Yahoo! Messenger and Skype quickly bring Parallels to a screeching halt until I unplug the camera.

Parallels 3 Build 5600
Leopard 10.5.3
Mac Pro 2.8 Ghz
 
Last edited:
Back
Top